Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ask Amazon To Get Rid Of Your Lock Screen Ads!

This is a discussion on Ask Amazon To Get Rid Of Your Lock Screen Ads! within the Kindle Fire Books forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; i recently was having issues with my lock screen contently flickering . it got to the point i was starting to feel the heat rage ...

Banned
    Member #

Ask Amazon To Get Rid Of Your Lock Screen Ads!

i recently was having issues with my lock screen contently flickering . it got to the point i was starting to feel the heat rage up in me cause it just wouldn't stop .

i tried a few XDA non-root things and that worked but then i was like "i wanna try this root" and bricked my kindle , so i had to side load the latest version from amazon and that fixed my brick issue , but now i couldn't use the XDA solution to stop my ads.

so i contacted amazon and movies download movies at forum told them my screen lock screen was going hey-wire and flickering 3 to 4 times trying to load ads and wouldn't let me unlock with out issues . so they went ahead and removed the ads from my tablet for free with little to no issues

i figured this would help a few people , frankly i wouldn't mind the ads if they where more targeted for my Adult self (like books or trailers maybe) ads seeing it's not set up as a child's tablet but for actually reading / movies kindle . the fact it keep telling me to play a child's game directed at 4-6 year olds was so irritated .
    Last edited by Jasonpaul; 01-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonpaul View Post
    i recently was having issues with my lock screen contently flickering . it got to the point i was starting to feel the heat rage up in me cause it just wouldn't stop .

i tried a few XDA non-root things and that worked but then i was like "i wanna try this root" and bricked my kindle , so i had to side load the latest version from amazon and that fixed my brick issue , but now i couldn't use the XDA solution to stop my ads.

so i contacted amazon and told them my screen lock screen was going hey-wire and flickering 3 to 4 times trying to load ads and wouldn't let me unlock with out issues . so they went ahead and removed the ads from my tablet for free with little to no issues

i figured this would help a few people , frankly i wouldn't mind the ads if they where more targeted for my Adult self (like books or trailers maybe) ads seeing it's not set up as a child's tablet but for actually reading / movies kindle . the fact it keep telling me to play a child's game directed at 4-6 year olds was so irritated .
    Why are you watching at the lock screen, ? , you can pay a bit more to get no adds, or if your a cheap skate just don't register your fire, or just ignore them or as you did get Amazon to remove them( for afee) or for nothing

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links