Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Convert AVI for Kindle Playback

This is a discussion on Convert AVI for Kindle Playback within the Amazon Kindle Fire Video forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; Hey guys, I love my Kindle but haven't used it as much as I like because I cant figure out how to convert AVI to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By W8WCA
  • 1 Post By dvdcatalyst

Thread: Convert AVI for Kindle Playback

Member #

Convert AVI for Kindle Playback

Hey guys,
    I love my Kindle but haven't used it as much as I like because I cant figure out how to convert AVI to a format that works when I transfer it into the Video folder in the Kindle. Please let me know what program you use as well as how to transfer it in. Thanks.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by enpehkt View Post
    Hey guys,
    I love my Kindle but haven't used it as much as I like because I cant figure out how to convert AVI to a format that works when I transfer it into the Video folder in the Kindle. Please let me know what program you use as well as how to transfer it in. Thanks.
    Hi Enpehkt,

welcome to the forums,

to convert your avis for Kindle Fire, have a look at this guide:

How to: DVD (& MKV, AVI, etc) to Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    DVDCatalyst is great - well worth it.
    (I have only used it for a NookCOlor and Asus Trabnsformer so far but I am sure it will do fine with Fires also ( I will do one this weekend to)
    dvdcatalyst likes this.
    If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?
    Albert Einstein

Cheers Charlie

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by W8WCA View Post
    DVDCatalyst is great - well worth it.
    (I have only used it for a NookCOlor and Asus Trabnsformer so far but I am sure it will do fine with Fires also ( I will do one this weekend to)
    Your NOOKcolor and Transformer files will play fine on the Kindle Fire as well
    crowfax likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by W8WCA View Post
    I am sure it will do fine with Fires also ( I will do one this weekend to)
    It is. I've done a bunch of DVD's and now I'm doing some Blu-rays.

Member #
    Movies purchased and downloaded from Amazon to my PC are delivered in .wmv and .amzn format. Amazon support says just download to the Fire, but that takes forever and the capacity of the Fire is too small for more than 1-2 movies. Any app or software available that will allow me to convert the .wmv file to a format Fire will play?

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoon21 View Post
    Movies purchased and downloaded from Amazon to my PC are delivered in .wmv and .amzn format. Amazon support says just download to the Fire, but that takes forever and the capacity of the Fire is too small for more than 1-2 movies. Any app or software available that will allow me to convert the .wmv file to a format Fire will play?
    The files are DRM protected, which prevents them from being converted. There are some (overpriced) programs that will let you play and record those files on your computer, but it is easier (and cheaper) to just stream them directly from your amazon account on your Kindle Fire.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links