Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DVD Catalyst - video and audio don't sync

This is a discussion on DVD Catalyst - video and audio don't sync within the Amazon Kindle Fire Video forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; Originally Posted by dalearch My DVD label also says "Clint Eastwood Collection", but the picture is different. I'll download VLC and try it, but again, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DVD Catalyst - video and audio don't sync

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by dalearch View Post
    My DVD label also says "Clint Eastwood Collection", but the picture is different. I'll download VLC and try it, but again, I'm much more concerned with how it plays on my KF than my laptop.
    I understand,

but if the video also plays with sync issues on your computer with a player that doesn't have sync issues itself like WMP does, then it is an issue with the file itself.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I downloaded VLC. It works much better on my PC.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but when I put a DVD into my laptop HP DVDPlay starts and plays it automatically. If I go in and start a video file Windows Media Player opens and plays it.

dvdcatalyst
    I downloaded VLC. It works much better on my PC.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but when I put a DVD into my laptop HP DVDPlay starts and plays it automatically. If I go in and start a video file Windows Media Player opens and plays it.
    My own conversion just finished, and I am done copying it over to my Fire (transfer is always slow to it unfortunately).

I test-played my (952MB) file on both quicktime and vlc, and it played without sync issues, and it played fine on the Kindle Fire as well.

fire_01.jpg

Since you mentioned that the file plays much better on your computer with VLC (better or properly?), my guess is that something on the Kindle Fire is causing complications.

In another thread, you mentioned you were experiencing issues with playing a video file. It took long to start. Are you experiencing this with these videos as well?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It works "properly" with VLC.

The other issue was my fault. I had purchased DVD Catalyst years ago to convert movies for play on my HTC Touch Pro 2. I mistakenly thought it would play on my KF.

Did you convert the entire DVD? If so, how did you do it so quickly? Mine took nearly three hours to complete.

dvdcatalyst
    It works "properly" with VLC.

The other issue was my fault. I had purchased DVD Catalyst years ago to convert movies for play on my HTC Touch Pro 2. I mistakenly thought it would play on my KF.

Did you convert the entire DVD? If so, how did you do it so quickly? Mine took nearly three hours to complete.
    I did convert the entire DVD.

I used my development laptop, a quad-core i7 system, with an external USB2 DVD drive.

This particular DVD did convert a bit slower than usual though. Usually using the Kindle Fire profile, I run at about 7x realtime, but this one ran at a bit over 5x realtime. Also the border-removal (scanning 1-5) that happens right before the actual conversion starts took a bit longer than usual for the first 2 steps. Before I started, I was thinking of just doing a quick 20-minute test conversion, but after I noticed the slowdown, I figured I'd better let it run though completely in case something is causing the sync to go off.

Since the file does play fine with VLC on your computer, I think it is safe to assume that nothing with the actual conversion itself is causing the sync issue. I'm sure that if you play your other video files with VLC, they will play fine as well.

So, on to the Kindle Fire itself.

the first thing I would suggest is to turn it off completely and turn it back on. Not just turning off the screen, but shut it down completely by holding down the power button and turning it back on.

After it is back on again, go directly to the Gallery app, and try and play your movie. To check for sync issues with the movie, I jumped to the 28 minute mark, where they are talking in the bar. With full faces in view while talking, it seemed to be the best spot to check.

If you still have sync issues after the reboot, check and see if you have any video player apps installed from the appstore. Video players such as vPlayer, Dice Player, MX player (not all available for the Fire) often install "codecs" that tie themselves to the build-in video decoding, and when you try and play a video using the build-in video playback part, this can cause interference. If you have any of them installed, try temporarily uninstalling them.

Also clearing Gallery's data might help as well. Tap on the gear button at the top, then "more" and go to Applications.
    In there switch it to all applications, and look for Gallery. Tap on that, and select "clear data"

dvdcatalyst

I had purchased DVD Catalyst years ago to convert movies for play on my HTC Touch Pro 2. I mistakenly thought it would play on my KF.
    I think I found your order confirmation for both purchases, but I'm not sure if it is yours.

If you purchased DVD Catalyst 3, the version you are using now, v4, is actually a free upgrade. If you send me an email (dvdcatalyst@gmail.com) and let me know which email address you used for your purchase, I'll be happy to refund your recent purchase.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did the reboot and cleared data in Gallery. It seems to be working better. Thanks.

dvdcatalyst
    I did the reboot and cleared data in Gallery. It seems to be working better. Thanks.
    You are welcome Dale,

I'm glad things are working better now.

(on a side-note, you did purchase DVD Catalyst 3, so just I refunded your purchase for v4)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you.
    dvdcatalyst likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links