Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[Rumor] Amazon May Be Working on 7-Inch Kindle Fire Successor and 9-Inch Version Too

This is a discussion on [Rumor] Amazon May Be Working on 7-Inch Kindle Fire Successor and 9-Inch Version Too within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; An analyst at Pacific Crest, Chad Bartley, is predicting great things for the Amazon Kindle Fire. He has increased his initial projections for sales of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By strollin

Thread: [Rumor] Amazon May Be Working on 7-Inch Kindle Fire Successor and 9-Inch Version Too

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

[Rumor] Amazon May Be Working on 7-Inch Kindle Fire Successor and 9-Inch Version Too

An analyst at Pacific Crest, Chad Bartley, is predicting great things for the Amazon Kindle Fire. He has increased his initial projections for sales of the Kindle Fire this year from 12.7 Million to 14.9 Million. Additionally, he also either has some insider information, or feels overly confident in his personal crystal ball predictions. Bartley indicated that he believes Amazon is working on a 7-inch successor to the current Kindle Fire that will have some enhanced specs, and he also believes that Amazon is designing a 9-inch follow-up to the Kindle Fire. Of course, previously, we have heard these kinds of rumors before, so it could just be speculation on his part, but it would be interesting news if it turns out to be true.

As always, we will keep our eye out for any new info and let you know.

Source: PhoneArena
    Last edited by dgstorm; 02-10-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Why 9" not 10" screen like all the other tablet ????
    Hope Amazon recognize that one of the main reason that they can sell 1 million unit a month is the PRICE .

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Agree, increase specs but definately the price makes a difference. but the bigger it comes, price increases. No matter what, Amazon has done great in their products.

Member #
    Amazon will soon be a great competitor to Apple's I-pad because their devices are so connected to their great website. The I-pad is a great tablet but Amazon will be closing the gap with each new model...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolsa View Post
    Why 9" not 10" screen like all the other tablet ????
    Hope Amazon recognize that one of the main reason that they can sell 1 million unit a month is the PRICE .
    I don't understand that either. One of my main knocks on the Kindle Fire is that it's only 7 inches, which is why I'm gonna sell mine and get an iPad 2.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I personally like the 7" format and feel the 10" is too big and awkward. Everyone has their personal preferences.

My sister just got a Galaxy Tab 10.1 which I played with briefly. I found it very difficult to hold in one hand and use the other to navigate around like I can with the KF. Seems to really be able to use a 10" tablet, you need to be able to set it on a flat surface.
    Last edited by strollin; 03-12-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Hawaiian Princess likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Although i have a few different tablets, different sizes, it is a personal preference imo. Guess it depends on the individuals need

Ads