This is a discussion on [Rumor] Final Amazon Smartphone Design Image & Specs Revealed within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Previously we shared what was supposedly a leaked image of an Amazon Kindle Fire smartphone prototype covered in a protective shell. Now we have a ...
Previously we shared what was supposedly a leaked image of an Amazon Kindle Fire smartphone prototype covered in a protective shell. Now we have a new image which is supposedly the final design of the smartphone from Amazon. On top of the above image, the source of this intel reiterated the same internal specs the phone will supposedly have when it hits retail shelves.
We shared them with you before, but here's that breakdown again,
- Unspecified Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 2GB of RAM
- A heavily customized version of Google’s Android operating system - just like the OS found on the Kindle Fire products
- Display of 4.7 inches 720p HD
- Custom 3D capabilities - with 6 cameras - four of which are positioned in the corners of the device and are low-power infrared
- 13MP main rear camera
- First of at least two handsets being developed by Amazon
- *Prime Data Plan Option
What do you guys think of this one? The specs seem like they could be a bit beefier, but Amazon seems to be banking on their fancy new 3D tech and "Prime Data" to fill in the gaps. It's physical design seems a bit bland, but that is obviously subjective.
[Editor's Note: Personally I think the phone looks like the love-child of an LG and an iPhone.]
Last edited by dgstorm; 05-02-2014 at 09:35 AM.