Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hey Hey..Update Is On The Way!

This is a discussion on Hey Hey..Update Is On The Way! within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Yep..already, within two weeks, per Amazon's statement, we should see an update to the Kindle Fire rolling out to our beloved units. I haven't personally ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrivetheGreen66

Thread: Hey Hey..Update Is On The Way!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Hey Hey..Update Is On The Way!

Yep..already, within two weeks, per Amazon's statement, we should see an update to the Kindle Fire rolling out to our beloved units. I haven't personally experienced some of the issues this update is meant to address, but I wouldn't mind seeing ability to manage the coverflow bookshelf, since it seems to be the chief complaint among our users. Here's the down-low on the impending update:

Amazon: Kindle Fire update coming | Digital Media - CNET News
    Last edited by dgstorm; 12-12-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thanks for this info. This will be the second update since the intro on Nov 14, maybe Amazon should of done more beta testing.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    "plagued by performance complaints" ? Plagued? Could Cnet act anymore biased?

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 12-12-2011 at 05:41 AM.

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    "plagued by performance complaints" ? Plagued? Could Cnet act anymore biased?

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    CNET must be a huge Apple shareholder.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    sstuner likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    CNET does seem to be pro apple but I have had issues with my Fire being slow at times and me needing to press apps and icons 2 or 3 times to get them to open.

I hope these issues are addressed with the update.

Amazon can update all they want.
    It's when there is an issues and they say "don't hold it that way" when I start to worry.

Member #
    It's a new device, probably rushed to market a bit to get it out in time for the holiday shopping season, so it's logical to expect a few problems. The important thing is what they do about it and it looks like Amazon is jumping in and fixing things.

I haven't had a lot of the problems mentioned in the update but I've been reading Fire forums, here and at Amazon, and a number of people have. I do think they've got a lot of room for improvement and I'm not too worried. In the past Amazon has always improved the earlier Kindles and I'm confident they'll keep on doing it.

One thing I read was that they'll provide a way to remove things from the Carousel, which will be nice. As it is I don't use the Carousel much. I do wish it was smaller; maybe the same size as the favorites, which are what I use for a lot of navigation.

The touch sensitivity also needs improvement. I've been playing Plants vs Zombies and it plays just fine on the Fire but there are times when I have to tap 2 or 3 times while getting ready for the game. Picking plants, for example. It would be nice if they fix that. I've seen the same thing in other uses of the Fire. It sometimes doesn't recognize taps that are easily recognized on my other tablets. But this is a software issue and they can fix it. I'll be surprised if they don't.

Even with all of that, it's a really nice device. I have a couple of other tablets costing over twice as much, including an Ipad 2. I find myself using the Fire more than any of them. Of course I'm mostly using tablets for simple games and video watching.

Barry

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    now that you have millions of the Fire units being used daily the bugs will be identified. No different than any other new device.......

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The only problem I have experienced is the WIFI.
    I have a protected network which has the strongest signal around the house, but the Fire continues to connect to a weaker neighbors -Which is not protected.
    On starting the fire, I must check each time (even though mine is the only one I use) or I may find myself with a weak signal and no Password protection.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links