This is a discussion on Androidland in Australia Takes Android to a Whole New Retail Experience Level within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Here's a report that looks interesting enough that it would be great to see go world-wide. In Australia, they have an entire department store/retail outlet ...
Here's a report that looks interesting enough that it would be great to see go world-wide. In Australia, they have an entire department store/retail outlet devoted to Android, called Androidland. This 154 square meter (505 Square Feet) retail store, is filled with Android goodies, and showcases almost every Android device imaginable. The store has in-store experts to answer your every Android question, and also has interactive technology demonstrations spread throughout. In fact, here is a breakdown of all the store offers,It looks a bit on the "geared for kids" side, but really, aren't most Android-lovers just big kids at heart? For those folks that live in Melbourne, Australia, here is a quote from the DroidMatters article with store hours and location info,
- Board the Android spaceship – An interactive spaceship zone allows visitors to pilot the Google Earth app on the giant screen and fly across the world; play Angry Birds on a big interactive screen; and create an Android avatar that can be printed or shared.
- Have fun in the play zone – Visitors can sit under a pixel tree and play with live devices; try their luck on an Android skill tester and clown machine and flick through a virtual library of Google Books.
- Get expert advice – Android experts, specially trained by Google, will be on hand to help customers set up their Google accounts, recommend popular Android Market™ apps, answer questions and to help customise device homescreens.
- Get hands on with the latest Android devices – Visitors will be able to try out a wide range of working Android smartphone and tablets.
- Window shop like never before – Customers will be able to interact with a massive 24 x 9 metre window display that features an augmented reality game challenging visitors to catch Android robots drifting in a virtual snowfall.For the rest of us, we can check it out in the video above.Androidland is located in the heart of Melbourne at 246 Bourke street on the corner of Swanston & Bourke. It is open from Monday to Thursday from 8am to 6pm and on Friday from 8am to 9pm. On the weekends, the store will be open from 9am to 6pm on Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sunday.
How long until the Apple lawsuit?
Only their geniuses could have thought up a store with 4 walls, a floor, a ceiling and a door
Support Our Troops!!
Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk