Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Supposedly Developing Glasses-Free 3D Display

This is a discussion on Amazon Supposedly Developing Glasses-Free 3D Display within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; For a while now we have heard rumors that Amazon is working on their own Kindle-Fire style Android smartphone. Today's new rumor suggests they are ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Amazon Supposedly Developing Glasses-Free 3D Display

For a while now we have heard rumors that Amazon is working on their own Kindle-Fire style Android smartphone. Today's new rumor suggests they are not working on one, but actually two different versions. Additionally, the second version will supposedly offer a glasses-free 3D display experience. Their new technology supposedly uses an eye-tracking camera to dynamically adjust the image so you have a 3D display from every viewing angle.

This rumor comes as part of a package. Apparently, Amazon is actually working on a series of new products with the codename the “Alphabet Project.” Despite this sounding like something out of a Saturday Morning School House Rock skit, it sounds fairly intriguing. Supposedly they have a number of devices corresponding with letters of the Alphabet, like Project A, Project, B, Project C, etc. Each letter represents a different project, and supposedly, besides the two Android phones they are working, Amazon is also planning some other stuff, including an audio-only streaming device and a set-top box of some kind. According to the source of this intel, these projects will likely launch sometime this year.

What do you guys think of this 3D Phone idea? Isn't this a concept that already died with the HTC EVO 4G LTE & the LG Optimus 3D?

Source: Phandroid

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Don't know how much use you would get out of it over a normal display?; but I sure would not mind seeing one just to see the difference. One thing however, Amazon needs to get their phone out as soon as possible. The market in the U.S. is almost saturated and with most carriers still using the 2 year plan by the time they get it in production there may be no market for it. I myself am due for my super price deal from AT&T but I don't want to wait too long and with the rate other providers are comming out with phones the window is closing. fdalbor
    Last edited by fdalbor; 06-10-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    While I would have loved to have gotten a Amazon smart phone, I could wait no longer. My old feature phone just died and with no Amazon smart phone in the near future I opted for a Nokia 920 from AT&T, running Windows Phone 8 (for only 49$). I just bought a HP Envy 23 touchscreen (Windows 8) and the two work well togeather. Maybe when my plan runs out in two years Amazon's phone will be out an available from AT&T. I still have my two Fires running Android so I'm covered until then. fdalbor

Ads