Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fire Has An Edge Over Nook Tablet

This is a discussion on Fire Has An Edge Over Nook Tablet within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; "The simplest way to sum up Barnes & Noble's new Nook Tablet is this: It costs more than Amazon.com's rival Kindle Fire, but you get ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Fire Has An Edge Over Nook Tablet

"The simplest way to sum up Barnes & Noble's new Nook Tablet is this: It costs more than Amazon.com's rival Kindle Fire, but you get less." ....

"The Tablet's not a bad device. It's a well-built, relatively low-cost device that's much more user-friendly than many other similarly priced Android tablets. And with its color screen, it's a much nicer device than the lower-priced black-and-white e-readers.

But those aren't the Tablet's primary competitors. The Fire is. And the Tablet just doesn't measure up."

Read the story: Business & Technology | Barnes and Noble's new Nook Tablet doesn't measure up to Kindle Fire | Seattle Times Newspaper
    Last edited by alphawave7; 11-28-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    plus the Amazon web site allows you to get to tons of "stuff" for both your Fire and otherwise...very easily

Member #
    That was a great review.

I would love if Amazon looked at the Nook and figure'd out what good features it has and improve upon the fire when they release the 2nd version of it (which, will hopefully be 3g at that point).

I love my fire - but I hate having to prepare it before I leave my house by downloading a TV show or Movie from my VOD service - or download the music that I think I might want to listen to later in the day.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grrouchie View Post
    That was a great review.

I would love if Amazon looked at the Nook and figure'd out what good features it has and improve upon the fire when they release the 2nd version of it (which, will hopefully be 3g at that point).

I love my fire - but I hate having to prepare it before I leave my house by downloading a TV show or Movie from my VOD service - or download the music that I think I might want to listen to later in the day.
    Amazon MP3 Cloud Player removes the 'need' to drag tunes over, and if you wanna get really geeky and want to run your own server, Subsonic allows for your music and vids to be served to your devices in your own personal cloud.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Amazon MP3 Cloud Player removes the 'need' to drag tunes over, and if you wanna get really geeky and want to run your own server, Subsonic allows for your music and vids to be served to your devices in your own personal cloud.
    That is correct, but only if I'm at home or on a wifi network when I'm out.
    One of the places I use my Fire most often is at work and currently there is not even a wifi connection.

I have my Amazon Cloud player loaded up with a ton of music and that is infact the only way I listen to music on my phone any more (well, amazon cloud and google music cloud as well).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grrouchie View Post
    That is correct, but only if I'm at home or on a wifi network when I'm out.
    One of the places I use my Fire most often is at work and currently there is not even a wifi connection.

I have my Amazon Cloud player loaded up with a ton of music and that is infact the only way I listen to music on my phone any more (well, amazon cloud and google music cloud as well).
    Subsonic fits the bill under that circumstance..it has a 'pin' function, that saves your album/tunes in an adjustable cache. Rather than straight 'stream', it will download into the cache prior to playback, and will be either overwritten with successive downloads, or stuck with 'pin'. Pinned tunes are playable by either Subsonic's Android app, or by any myriad of playback apps, like Winamp, PowerAmp,etc. I have several dozen albums on my phone at any given time, but I'd imagine quite a bit less on my Fire.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The Nook is better looking??? I don't think so lol. My own side by side comparison in Target convinced me the Fire was much better; very happy user for now.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links