Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year

This is a discussion on Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; If there was any doubt that Android and the Kindle Fire tablets are a resounding success, then you can probably dispel that theory now. To ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year

If there was any doubt that Android and the Kindle Fire tablets are a resounding success, then you can probably dispel that theory now. To go along with rising sales of Android tablets, and especially the Kindle Fire products, we now have word from Amazon that their Appstore has skyrocketed in use. App downloads from Amazon's Appstore have risen 500% since last year. Here's a quote with a few more details,

“Amazon offers the best end-to-end solution for app and game developers,” said Aaron Rubenson, Director of Amazon Appstore for Android. “Developers can use Amazon Web Services’ building blocks as the infrastructure for their games. To enhance customer engagement, they can add features like GameCircle’s Leaderboards, Achievements, Friends, and Whispersync. Amazon’s In-App Purchasing allows developers to generate additional income. Finally, since discovery can be a major challenge for app developers, we’re providing more and more ways to help developers reach customers on Amazon, Kindle Fire devices, and in our Appstore. We’re working hard to make lives easier for developers, and to give them more ways to grow their business.”
    Of course, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that the Amazon Appstore is seeing tremendous success. Amazon has pulled off a marketing miracle with the Kindle Fire and Fire HD line of products. Their tight integration of this popular and affordable tablet within their entire Amazon ecosystem was exactly what they were aiming for. Right now the three big dogs in this field are the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and the Amazon Appstore. This market dominance will likely only increase as time goes on, since these three competitors have the most well established consumer ecosystems on the planet.

Source: BGR

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year

With the Amazon walled garden away from the Play store I'm sure 1mobilemarket and Getjar downloads have increased dramatically as well. There are still quite a few apps that Amazon doesn't carry that work fine on the Fire lineup.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

goldmind

I would have to agree 1000% with that comment. On my Fire I have about 30% amazon apps; 50% 1market and 20% getjar. I am still a bit surprised by the number of people who still do not know about the other two (1market & getjar) places where they can get apps for their fire.
    I am also surprised that Google has never come out with a app to make Google Play more available to the Kindle owners without jumping thru hoops. Makes no sence to me; but then what do we users know!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I love the Amazon appstore, especially the free reading apps

Ads