Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon's Kindle Fire Gets One-Click Root Access, 3rd Party App Install, & ADB Access

This is a discussion on Amazon's Kindle Fire Gets One-Click Root Access, 3rd Party App Install, & ADB Access within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Here is a little reminder that the new Amazon Kindle Fire officially shipped today, and even more importantly, it has already been rooted, and we ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dgstorm

Thread: Amazon's Kindle Fire Gets One-Click Root Access, 3rd Party App Install, & ADB Access

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Amazon's Kindle Fire Gets One-Click Root Access, 3rd Party App Install, & ADB Access

Here is a little reminder that the new Amazon Kindle Fire officially shipped today, and even more importantly, it has already been rooted, and we have some instructions for side-loading 3rd party apps, and ADB usage!

Updated: Our original source for this story was right here in the forums, death2all110. We want to give a shout out to him as a thank you for sharing this great info. Here's a quote from his post with adb & root instructions:
    To get adb going you must already have the sdk on your machine and used it.

goto: %USERPROFILE%\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add this to the end of the file and save:
    Code:

0x1949

then go into where you have the sdk at and open the google-usb_driver folder and edit android_winusb.inf and add this to the [Google.NTx86] section and [Google.NTamd64] section:
    Code:

;Kindle Fire
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01

save and close

If you have already plugged your kindle into the usb you may have to open device manager and find "Kindle" under other devices and choose the android_winusb.inf file.

Turn on Installation of apps from unknown sources: tap the top bar>choose more...(+)>device

open a command prompt and run adb kill-server then try adb devices..

you should see a device listed.

go here: [APP]SuperOneClick v2.2 (now with zergRush and su 3.0) - xda-developers

download and run SuperOneClick and choose the "root" option. let it go!

Enjoy!
    Below is another list of instructions culled from several sources to give you an exhaustive source of info.

First, to install 3rd party apps, the process is pretty simple.
    You just have to allow installation from unknown sources in Settings -> Device menu.
    Second, the root instructions come courtesy of XDA Developers. Here is an instruction set to root the device:
    SuperOneClick Root Instructions:

So I was messing around with different one clicks since I got ADB going on my kindle fire and I was able to Successfully use SuperOneClick 2.2 to root my kindle fire!

Sorry for the mess. Its late, and I wanted to type this up so I could crash…

To get adb going you must already have the sdk on your machine and used it.

goto: %USERPROFILE%\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add this to the end of the file and save:
    Code:

0x1949

then go into where you have the sdk at and open the google-usb_driver folder and edit android_winusb.inf and add this to the [Google.NTx86] section and [Google.NTamd64] section:
    Code:

;Kindle Fire
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01

save and close

If you have already plugged your kindle into the usb you may have to open device manager and find “Kindle” under other devices and choose the android_winusb.inf file.

Turn on Installation of apps from unknown sources: tap the top bar>choose more…(+)>device

open a command prompt and run adb kill-server then try adb devices..

you should see a device listed.

go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=803682a

download and run SuperOneClick and choose the “root” option. let it go!

Enjoy!
    Finally, here is the breakdown of gaining ADB (Android Debug Bridge) access so you can dig deeper into your Android device to copy files, install apps, read logs, run shell commands, and more. Here's the instructions straight from our friends over at AndroidPolice,
    You will need the Android SDK installed and then add the Vendor ID for Amazon's Lab126 (0x1949) to the adb_usb.ini file.

You can find detailed instructions for Windows here and for Mac here.

If you want to use ADB to install apps, be sure to allow installation from unknown sources as discussed above.
    Now power-users and tweakers can play to their heart's content. At $199.99, this customizable little device is starting to look pretty appealing. What do you think?

Source: AndroidPolice, TalkAndroid, and XDA Developers
    Last edited by dgstorm; 11-16-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Hawaiian Princess likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Wow... Already? That rocks! I didn't expect the Fire to get root this fast. Lol
    That can only mean good things to come... Ice Cream Sandwich anyone? Lol

@Alpha, The Vizio was rooted today finally as well. I am so torn. Lol

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngler View Post
    @Alpha, The Vizio was rooted today finally as well. I am so torn. Lol
    Solution is simple..keep both! :P

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks! Now I can finally get stuff off the android market?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links