Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch Officially Launched and Available Now

This is a discussion on Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch Officially Launched and Available Now within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Today's the big day for folks who want to grab the 7-Inch version of the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. The new tablet from Amazon was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch Officially Launched and Available Now

Today's the big day for folks who want to grab the 7-Inch version of the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. The new tablet from Amazon was available for preorder before, but now it is officially shipping. Between the improved display and the MIMO enhanced WiFi, this is a big improvement over the first Kindle Fire. The Amazon UI might take some getting used to, but for folks who crave the Amazon eco-system, this is the perfect device. Hit up the source link below to nab yours!

Source: Amazon - 7-Inch Kindle Fire HD

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Turns out the nd version does indeed have physical volume controls but you're still stuck with no Bluetooth keyboard ability.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    sent from this Galaxy

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    According to Amazon, "Kindle Fire HD features built-in Bluetooth support, so you can connect to a variety of different wireless accessories such as stereo headphones, speakers, keyboards, and more."
    ASUS TF300, 32GB w/Dock (Thanks TFF)
    Nexus 7, 16GB
    Kindle Fire HD, 7"
    Samsung Epic 4G

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP View Post
    According to Amazon, "Kindle Fire HD features built-in Bluetooth support, so you can connect to a variety of different wireless accessories such as stereo headphones, speakers, keyboards, and more."
    Only specific protocol I saw was a2dp, the music one.
    Thank you for correcting me.
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 09-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Just nabbed this off the Amazon page for the KF HD: Additional Features External volume controls, front-facing HD camera, built-in microphone, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones and speakers

@Billp - Where did you get your quote? "Kindle Fire HD features built-in Bluetooth support, so you can connect to a variety of different wireless accessories such as stereo headphones, speakers, keyboards, and more."

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Just nabbed this off the Amazon page for the KF HD: Additional FeaturesExternal volume controls, front-facing HD camera, built-in microphone, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones and speakers

@Billp - Where did you get your quote? "Kindle Fire HD features built-in Bluetooth support, so you can connect to a variety of different wireless accessories such as stereo headphones, speakers, keyboards, and more."
    DVD Catalyst has confirmed the protocols on his review thread.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Many new features I like, and at the same price. I especially love the thick bezel/ border around the screen. Maybe next year's model can have an even thicker bezel that takes up even more space. Really great aesthetic feature.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    I took the quote from Amazon's ad for the 7" KF HD:

Kindle Fire HD - Most Advanced 7" Tablet - Only $199

Under the "Beautifully simple" section it says:

Integrated Bluetooth Connectivity
    Kindle Fire HD features built-in Bluetooth support, so you can connect to a variety of different wireless accessories such as stereo headphones, speakers, keyboards, and more.
    False advertising?
    ASUS TF300, 32GB w/Dock (Thanks TFF)
    Nexus 7, 16GB
    Kindle Fire HD, 7"
    Samsung Epic 4G

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Apparently not, DVDCatalyst has posted a hands on review and on this board and confirmed that additional Bluetooth Profiles do exist that allow connecting keyboards and mice.

Interestingly, I got my quote regarding the Bluetooth feature from that same page. The line I quoted doesn't seem to be there any longer so they must have realized it was misleading.
    Last edited by strollin; 09-18-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Member #
    Just got my Kindle Fire HD from bestbuy. Now what apps can I use with the forward facing camera? There is no stock apps and I can't find any on the app store. Skype is one but you can only use it making calls and I don't have anyone to skype with. Any apps to play with it, to record ect?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links