Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Officially Announces New Tablets; 8.9" Kindle Fire HD & More

This is a discussion on Amazon Officially Announces New Tablets; 8.9" Kindle Fire HD & More within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Originally Posted by strollin What about overage fees? What happens if you use more than the allotted 250M in a month? 250M is not a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    What about overage fees? What happens if you use more than the allotted 250M in a month? 250M is not a lot of data.
    It is if, like the 3g eink, it only works for getting to the Amazon website and downloading content from it
    I'm only speculating that that will possibly be the case.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    My daughter's 3G Kindle reader can access any web page on the net (for no additional charge) but the "experimental" browser is so horrible to use it's like pulling teeth. It's not touch screen or anything so you have to use the cursor keys to move the cursor around the screen to get to any links on the page. It can't download content, save pictures or play movies, etc... nothing that could use a significant amount of data.

The Kindle Fire HD has a full featured browser and the 4G will enable it to surf the full web and download whatever, including streaming movies from Amazon. The wimpy 250M/month allotment could very easily be used up in a few minutes. Hopefully there's some kind of safeguard that would prevent someone who doesn't know any better from downloading Gigs of data. It costs $30 for an additional 3G of data. I'd be willing to bet that if you used 260M in a month you would be charged the full $30 extra. Check out this article: Amazons Kindle Fire HD data plan, don't be misled.
    Last edited by strollin; 09-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Member #
    Actually, the amount of data doesn't bother me much. In most cases the WiFi connection will be exactly what I want. The only time I'd really want the 4G is either finding the nearest free WiFi hotspot OR I'm on the road, literally, and using the cellular connection for navigation purposes.

Frankly, streaming over an AT&T network is going to get worse and worse anyway, so it doesn't much matter what your plan limits you to - the oversubscribed network will limit you anyway...

Tom

Member #
    You will now be able to take off the ads on the new kindle fire hds by paying $15.00 extra.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    The 4470 is a dual core?
    Quick look at the Texas Instruments TI OMAP 4470 CPU, Kindle Fire HD CPU | ARCTABLET NEWS

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Yup, you are right Mr. Mountainbiker. The 4470 is a DUAL core of Cortex-A9 proc. And the Cortex-A9 is a dual core processors already. So the 4470 proc is not a dual core but a dual of dual core processors (or quad cores).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links