Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Increases Kindle Fire Orders From Manufacturer Due to High Demand

This is a discussion on Amazon Increases Kindle Fire Orders From Manufacturer Due to High Demand within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Originally Posted by Hawaiian Princess These members are in charge to ensure the guidelines in these forums are met. And Mark is no stranger to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Princess View Post
    These members are in charge to ensure the guidelines in these forums are met. And Mark is no stranger to the Droid world
    Well, they do a whole lot more than that. They start posts and comment (even those cute little, "That's right", sort of comments) and they sure outnumber the opinions of us plebs. :-)

Edited to add: I'm not sure I see any "Droid" world connection here. If you're referring to the whole hack-it aspirations of a few Fire buyers, I think you'll be missing the entire point of a good Kindle Fire website.

Please don't get offended by these comments, it is mearly to say, the Kindle Fire is a mass-market device that will hold appeal to those that value the effort Amazon put into cloaking the Android system in their slick interface. Frankly, it is Amazon's restructuring of the device, and accompanying support, that make this a stand out product. I hope that this forum will stay true to the idea that getting the most out of the Kindle Fire means sharing its unique qualities rather than a forum intent upon "breaking" the code to convert it into a typical Android tab.

Just my $.02.
    Last edited by cale_kat; 11-12-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    No worries cale_kat...I think we are aware of early 'staff-heavy' participation, and look forward to the explosion of activity that will follow the Fire. I can also say I've always admired our staff in our various communities for their commitment to 'newb-friendly' and 'stock' users, as well as providing areas for advanced users to dig into their OS. Inclusiveness, and information exchange/education has always been what draws me to our fora, every day!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cale_kat View Post
    Well, they do a whole lot more than that. They start posts and comment (even those cute little, "That's right", sort of comments) and they sure outnumber the opinions of us plebs. :-)

Edited to add: I'm not sure I see any "Droid" world connection here. If you're referring to the whole hack-it aspirations of a few Fire buyers, I think you'll be missing the entire point of a good Kindle Fire website.

Please don't get offended by these comments, it is mearly to say, the Kindle Fire is a mass-market device that will hold appeal to those that value the effort Amazon put into cloaking the Android system in their slick interface. Frankly, it is Amazon's restructuring of the device, and accompanying support, that make this a stand out product. I hope that this forum will stay true to the idea that getting the most out of the Kindle Fire means sharing its unique qualities rather than a forum intent upon "breaking" the code to convert it into a typical Android tab.

Just my $.02.
    I have a feeling this forum will stay true to us stock users and if need be would have a hacking sub section. The "Droid" comment was more about the parent forum that led to all the sister sites, like this one, is droidforums. Many of us are cross members on the sister sites and the owner and a admins do a great job of forward thinking, in this case fill the mod slots before the forum explodes in membership. If you own any Android or Apple device, chances are there is a sister site to this one for it and you'll see some familiar user names on them as well
    Oh ,and in case I missed it before
    Welcome to the forum. We're glad you joined

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 11-12-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As one of those people who's already rooted, installed Google market and tons of 3rd party app I'll agree to disagree. I do like the way the bookstore, for example, is much nicer than the Kindle standalone app on my HTC flyer. And it's integrated into the launcher very well. Ditto with movies, mp3 and video.

But it doesn't have Bluetooth so it's difficult to type lots making office type apps much less useful than on my HTC flyer. Can't use those ever so handy cordless Bluetooth headphone to listen to music or watch video. Doesn't have GPS so no maps, navigation or even where's my car type apps. Makes it pretty obvious it's not an Android slab. And I rather like my HTC flyer, enough so that I bought a Black Friday special $200 refurb as a backup.

But as what Amazon made it to be it's rather nice. Add a bunch of market apps and it's nicer. A media of all kind (add opposed to multi media which often seems to just be music and video with no thought of the written word) device that can also do a number of other handy things including play games. All on a beautiful portable screen.
    Last edited by bsoplinger; 11-25-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links