Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[Rumor] Amazon Tablets Could Potentially Sell as 'Loss-Leaders'

This is a discussion on [Rumor] Amazon Tablets Could Potentially Sell as 'Loss-Leaders' within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; There are some rumblings from within Amazon that their upcoming Android Tablets could be sold as "Loss-Leaders". For those unfamiliar, what that term means is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By batfish

Thread: [Rumor] Amazon Tablets Could Potentially Sell as 'Loss-Leaders'

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

[Rumor] Amazon Tablets Could Potentially Sell as 'Loss-Leaders'

There are some rumblings from within Amazon that their upcoming Android Tablets could be sold as "Loss-Leaders". For those unfamiliar, what that term means is that Amazon will actually sell the tablet at a loss initially, with the intention of making profit from accessories, downloads, ebooks, multimedia and cloud storage instead of the device. In fact, the speculation suggests that they may sell the tablets for as much as 20-25% less than what it costs them to make the devices. Between the Kindle ebooks, UnBox movie downloads, software bought through the Amazon Appstore for Android, and cloud store revenue and advertising, Amazon could not only make up for the loss but turn a tidy profit in just a two year period of ownership.

This could be a potentially risky maneuver; on the other hand, it could be a brilliant way to storm into the market, quickly become the top Android Tablet, and compete toe-to-toe with the iPad. We won't have to wait too long to find out, as the first Amazon Android tablets are due to come in the fall or winter of this year.

Source: SlashGear

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    im very happy to hear that. i hope that they can make a very affordable tablet, i will be more than happy to support their cause with buying apps and more ebooks from them.

Member #
    Indeed, this is going to be risky, but if anyone can pull it off, it's amazon!
    Marquis ( AndroidFocus )

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Interesting, Looking foward to see what they will come up with

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    lol... Amazon tablets... YAY! they'll beat the iPad, because Amazon has everything Apple has: A good company, Amazon Music (iTunes), Amazon App Store/Android Market, Amazon Cloud, Amazon video, etc. etc.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techelec View Post
    lol... Amazon tablets... YAY! they'll beat the iPad, because Amazon has everything Apple has: A good company, Amazon Music (iTunes), Amazon App Store/Android Market, Amazon Cloud, Amazon video, etc. etc.
    I agree
    techelec likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by batfish View Post
    I agree
    Good to see you here

Member #
    Wow, super stoked that they might sell these "at a loss." I would like a tablet and... I'm not very rich.

Of course, these wouldn't really be a loss for Amazon. These tablets will essentially be electronic amazon stores that you carry around with you everywhere. "One Click Purchasing, in your pocket" might as well be the tagline for the tablet.

Even so! I want one.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah! That's the spirit, lol

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links