Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Estimates Revised: Amazon May Sell more than 5M Kindle Fire Tablets during Q4

This is a discussion on Estimates Revised: Amazon May Sell more than 5M Kindle Fire Tablets during Q4 within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Amazon has recently revised its sales estimates based upon the phenomenal re-order sales rate they have experienced with the Kindle Fire. They now expect to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hidef1080
  • 1 Post By mountainbikermark

Thread: Estimates Revised: Amazon May Sell more than 5M Kindle Fire Tablets during Q4

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Estimates Revised: Amazon May Sell more than 5M Kindle Fire Tablets during Q4

Amazon has recently revised its sales estimates based upon the phenomenal re-order sales rate they have experienced with the Kindle Fire. They now expect to sell more than 5 Million Kindle Fire Tablets during the fourth quarter of this year. Here's a quote from the SlashGear article with some more info,
    Kumar, an analyst with Rodman & Renshaw, said that his check with the supply chain indicated that Amazon could move as many as 5 million tablets in Q4. That would give the Fire about half the numbers of the iPad. The reason for the increase is also cited as the record pre-orders that were received. Naturally, supply will need to go up to meet that demand.

The Fire might give Apple a real run once things get going, if it can keep the momentum. Amazon is the first real competitor to launch a tablet that has a chance at matching the iPad. Things can turn quickly for Amazon though it the tablets get into customer hands and have issues with performance
    What do you guys think? Could this little pseudo-Android device be the first real iPad killer?

Source: SlashGear

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I think it can do 5 mil.

I agree with the last statement about things can change if there are issues once it gets out into the real world.

This will be my first tablet and I pre-ordered based on what I think it will be not what I know.
    Hope I'm right!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I think it could do it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    With a judge in the US basically siding with Apple against Samsung today look for any loss of Samsung sales to be picked by more Fire sales not more ipad sales this holiday season
    http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7782

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 10-14-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have absolutely no doubt this little puppy will blow the ithings away. This holiday season will surely establish the KF as THE alternative.
    What you may not be thinking about is that this is only the first of many variations to come. By this time next year they will surely be available in
    several flavors (size/options) like the other kindle devices. My guess is also by next Xmas season they will repeat this year with a latest/greatest launch.
    People love to have affordable electronics for Xmas - don't we.

shh
    Member #

5M Fire Tablets

Who cares? really? Fire was never intended to compete with iPad. It is a superb integrated media device and should not be compared to iPad or even other Android Tablets. Of course it will but J. Bezos could care less at this point. He's more worried as to whether he can meet the current and holiday demand for the Fire.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I don't think it's so much about the IPad as much as it is about can anyone build another tablet that has mass appeal.
    Apple set the standard in this area so it is natural that people will use the IPad and its numbers as the marker of success.
    Not as a true rival but a measure.
    mountainbikermark and wicked like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidef1080 View Post
    I don't think it's so much about the IPad as much as it is about can anyone build another tablet that has mass appeal.
    Apple set the standard in this area so it is natural that people will use the IPad and its numbers as the marker of success.
    Not as a true rival but a measure.
    That is what most of us have been trying to say without knowing how to say it. Thank you

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    wicked likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by droberto View Post
    This holiday season will surely establish the KF as THE alternative.
    What you may not be thinking about is that this is only the first of many variations to come. By this time next year they will surely be available in
    several flavors (size/options) like the other kindle devices. My guess is also by next Xmas season they will repeat this year with a latest/greatest launch.
    People love to have affordable electronics for Xmas - don't we.
    Wow, I had visions of suger plums dancing in my head of the Kindle Red Flame, the Blue Flame, the Green Flame and the Fire Fly Tablet... They could make a tablet for everyone and a choice for all.... and hopefully make money and keep us all happy, too...

So Happy Christmas to one and all... Tiny Tim!!!!
    Last edited by Lectruck; 10-19-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Sounds like a plan to me.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links