Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Officially Announces In-App Purchasing to Compete with Apple and Google

This is a discussion on Amazon Officially Announces In-App Purchasing to Compete with Apple and Google within the Amazon Kindle Fire News forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire & Site News category; Amazon has finally developed their own In-App purchasing API to go along with the Amazon AppStore. This is obviously a move to compete directly with ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Amazon Officially Announces In-App Purchasing to Compete with Apple and Google

Amazon has finally developed their own In-App purchasing API to go along with the Amazon AppStore. This is obviously a move to compete directly with Apple and Google more effectively by attracting devs with the potential for additional profit. Amazon’s new in-app purchasing API allows developers to sell additional content, level packs, new features and more from inside their apps. Amazon Appstore director Aaron Rubenson said, ”Amazon Appstore’s In-App Purchasing service enables developers to generate more revenue from their apps. In-App Purchasing is simple to integrate and gives developers access to millions of Amazon customers who are already familiar with Amazon’s 1-Click payment system. Many of Amazon Appstore’s customers have shopped with Amazon before and they trust Amazon’s easy payment process, which leads to higher conversion of developers’ in-app content and subscriptions.”

You can see more details in the video above. Here's a question for all our devs out there? Does this entice you to start considering using Amazon's Appstore in your repertoire?

Source: BGR

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    For those concerned about children or others being able to make in app purchases without permission it is easily set to limit the ability by either a pin code or the need to log into your Amazon account to make in app purchases. I set mine in the Amazon apps app settings

Tapatalked from this Galaxy

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Im not sure I like this :/ All this means to me, is that every app I own will have the ability to cash whore their apps more than they already are. Wasn't having ads or charging for your product enough?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    No it just means that apps that make extra money with add on levels and such will now be able to be available on Amazon. If you are familiar with Apple app store, many many free apps cost to get extra features and levels in games. The free apps with embedded ads will remain unchanged

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't think it works like that. My wife just got an ipad and the games are more expensive and the "free" games come pretty hobbled and you can't do anything without buying extra stuff. I have been happy with android because mostly apps cost whatever they cost, no added fees. Also in general, ipad apps cost way more than android apps. Just one more way to suck money out of us. This won't provide extra addons. We will be charged more for what we used to get for the regular price.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jacewt View Post
    I don't think it works like that. My wife just got an ipad and the games are more expensive and the "free" games come pretty hobbled and you can't do anything without buying extra stuff. I have been happy with android because mostly apps cost whatever they cost, no added fees. Also in general, ipad apps cost way more than android apps. Just one more way to suck money out of us. This won't provide extra addons. We will be charged more for what we used to get for the regular price.
    That's exactly my concern.. I'm used to playing free to play mmo's where they've whored out much of the game. I'd hate to see android apps turn out the same way.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Ads