Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can anyone recommend a good battery backup that really works?

This is a discussion on Can anyone recommend a good battery backup that really works? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have tried no less than 3 different battery backup devices with my Kindle Fire and none have worked. The last one I tried was ...

Member #

Can anyone recommend a good battery backup that really works?

I have tried no less than 3 different battery backup devices with my Kindle Fire and none have worked. The last one I tried was the pricey ZaggSparq 2.0, and its upposedly rated at 6000 maH!

I would like to know if anyone has found one that truly works to power the Kindle Fire while travelling. Cinch has a few, including a whopper with 11,000 maH, but I learned the hard way that you can't depend on a manufaturer's claims.

Thanks Kindle Users!

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    This charges at a rate of 1000mA, it should be enough to prolong the use of your Fire.

Amazon.com: Tekkeon MP1580 TEKCHARGE Mobile Power Pack and Battery Charger: MP3 Players & Accessories http://amzn.to/yBnYtF

I have the old 500mA version and it's excellent. I use it with Sanyo Eneloop batteries.
    Tablets: Kindle Fire
    Portable Media Players: Samsung Galaxy S2, Onda VX590T, Cowon J3
    Settop Media Players: WD TV Live Streamer, Xtreamer SideWinder3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
    Software: DVD Catalyst, MakeMKV

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    You should check with your carrier. Many airplanes, trains and buses now have either AC or DC (cigarrete socket) available...even in coach. Was recently on a 10 hour train ride through Canada. Power at every seat. However we used the Kindle quite a bit and it still lasted the trip without recharging. Who really wants to stare at a tablet for more than 5 hours out of 10?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Are you referring to devices like the NewTrent things?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiii@cox.net View Post
    I have tried no less than 3 different battery backup devices with my Kindle Fire and none have worked. The last one I tried was the pricey ZaggSparq 2.0, and its upposedly rated at 6000 maH!

I would like to know if anyone has found one that truly works to power the Kindle Fire while travelling. Cinch has a few, including a whopper with 11,000 maH, but I learned the hard way that you can't depend on a manufaturer's claims.

Thanks Kindle Users!
    I sent u a PM

Member #

Battery Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Princess View Post
    I sent u a PM
    I carry a battery pack made by APC, www. apc.com, model UPB10, use it recharge Blackberry, ITouch and the KF. Picked up "ReTrack" cords to accomodate both ITouch, Blackberry and KF (same micro USB). http://www.apc.com/resource/include/...base_sku=UPB10

Get 2 recharges for KF from it. Think one is also made by the "Coppertop" battery brand.

Batteries & RuntimeBattery Volt-Amp-Hour Capacity 10 Battery Type Lithium Polymer Battery mounting -- Expected Battery Life (years) 2 - 4 Battery blocks per string -- PhysicalNet Weight 0.20 lbs. (0.10 kg) Maximum Height 3.90 inches (99 mm) Maximum Width 2.50 inches (64 mm) Maximum Depth 0.56 inches (14 mm) Shipping Weight 0.80 lbs. (0.36 kg) Shipping Width 7.76 inches (197 mm) Shipping Height 10.40 inches (264 mm) Shipping Depth 2.00 inches (51 mm) Color Black
    Last edited by drew530; 02-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Evey major airport has a Brookstone store. I bought the Brookstone 92 Hour battery charger to bak up my K.F....works great...has a USB connector..

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links