Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

kindle stopped connecting to the internet

This is a discussion on kindle stopped connecting to the internet within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello I am new here. I checked some of the threads to see if I could find the answer but I couldn't. I apologize if ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

kindle stopped connecting to the internet

Hello I am new here. I checked some of the threads to see if I could find the answer but I couldn't. I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered. I got a kindle fire for christmas and it worked great! A few days ago, my kindle stopped connecting to my wi-fi. I haven't changed ISP's or anything. We have 3 KF's in the house and none of them will stay connected. Most of the time we cannot connect at all. The only thing that changed is that our free Prime ran out. Would that be the reason? I have not registered my kindle with a credit card because I don't have one. Could that be the reason? Any help or a solution would be appreciated. I have a cable ISP and a wireless router. Our computers, laptops, and game systems connect to the internet fine. The problem is only with our kindles. Thanks for the tips in advance.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum.
    The prime membership is not the problem I'm sure.
    First thing I'd do since it is acting the same in all 3 Fires turn off your wifi router for about 2 minutes, turn it back on and see if that solves it. Sometimes routers just need a reboot anyway.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    Mine also will not work, and my prime expired yesterday, but I had extended (purchased Prime) a few days ago... have tried rebooting router...

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I let my Prime membership lapse and I'm still able to connect to my router so I'm sure that's not the problem. As has already been suggested, try rebooting your router by unplugging it for a couple of minutes and then plugging it back in.

Do you have any other devices (computers, game consoles, etc...) that connect to the router via wifi? Are they still working?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmsmith View Post
    Mine also will not work, and my prime expired yesterday, but I had extended (purchased Prime) a few days ago... have tried rebooting router...
    Did you get a recent firmware update to your Fire?
    I'm trying to find a common denominator. There was an update to iPads firmware last year that did this to a few iPads but it was the firmware on some routers, not the iPad perse and the fix was either change the router security settings or create a static IP on the iPad for the affected routers

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions!

I rebooted the router. And it connected. I will let you know if it stays connected. My children haven't checked their yet.

Yes, my kids playstations, wii and psp's and dsi's were all working.

I hope it stays connected!

We're about to get our 4th Kindle Fire, for my youngest sons' birthday soon! I plan to sign up for PRIME then too. I miss it!

Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    The mysteries of routers are numerous. Unplugging and resetting a router is almost always the first troubleshooting task. If that doesn't work, try connecting to another network at another spot. In my experience, the problems are almost always associated one way or another with a router incompatibility (sometimes but rarely stemming from a firmware update on a device.)

I have a 4G/LTE Verizon hotspot that I use with my KF (and my laptop and iPad) when I don't have access to a wifi network (or just need a protected non-public wifi connection.) Unlike my home network, I've found that trying to connect the KF to the mobile router frequently fails if I have another device already connected and using the wifi network. The solution is simply to turn the hotspot off and back on (i.e. reset it). The router seems to be able to connect multiple devices at the same time but is not able to add the KF to the wifi network when other devices are already using it.

Member #
    Rebooted wi fi . Still cannot open internet ie facebook, serch,etc. I have tried everything to no results. Maybe you have another idea?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Does your KF show as connected to wifi or do you need help connecting to your router?

Member #
    my kf connects to the internet when im not at home but when i am at home my kf wont connect and i have tried to reboot my router and i have had no luck

Ads