Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Want More Volume On Video Call (Fire HD 10)

This is a discussion on Want More Volume On Video Call (Fire HD 10) within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello. This is my first experience with forums of any kind.. I have a Fire HD 10 and want to video chat with my granddaughter. ...

Member #

Want More Volume On Video Call (Fire HD 10)

Hello. This is my first experience with forums of any kind..

I have a Fire HD 10 and want to video chat with my granddaughter. First challenge is that she uses WhatsApp for chats and that is not compatible. Next we tried Facebook Messenger. Easy, buy audio was suppressed (I think it overrides the Fire audio?). I bought an external speaker, which works great for everything EXCEPT video chats. Next we tried Viber. Same result as the others. She doesn't like Skype but we will give it a try later this week.

My questions are: first, does anyone know why the external speaker doesn't work with video chats and can I change it? and, second, have others had the same experience with poor volume on video chats and did you manage to solve it?

Thanks very much

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    No direct knowledge of vid chats, but quite a bit on fire audio.

First, there is no reason why you can't side load what's app on to the fire, in fact I'm surprised its not in the app store.

The fire can only amplify what's going in, ie if there is a really low sound signal from the vid chat, then there will only be a low sound level coming out. Is it just quiet or is there no sound at all. ?. If the first,The same is then true of the speaker you've bought, your amplifying a a low,signal and getting a low signal out.

If its low volume as apposed to no volume, you need more amplification, the cheapest way to do that, is to buy an audio input lead to go from the head phone socket on the fire to either your stereo or to your telly, then crank it up to full volume. Other option are a head phone amp that you can put between the fire and the speaker you've bought or indeed head phones, you can buy skype head phones with a built in mic. Or a much better speaker with a much better amp in it. Or allowing that the low volume problem could be coming from the other end, buy your grand daughter a microphone or tell her to sit closer to the one she has or shout
    Last edited by jobo; 04-11-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Member #
    allowing that the low volume problem could be coming from the other end, buy your grand daughter a microphone or tell her to sit closer to the one she has or shout

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links