Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Kindle Woes Are Multiplying Like Bunnies!

This is a discussion on My Kindle Woes Are Multiplying Like Bunnies! within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have a first generation Kindle Fire and it stopped taking a charge. I could only get it to turn on when it was plugged ...

Member #

Unhappy My Kindle Woes Are Multiplying Like Bunnies!

I have a first generation Kindle Fire and it stopped taking a charge. I could only get it to turn on when it was plugged in and the battery just stays red and empty no matter how long it's plugged in. I did some research and discovered that there was a good chance my charging port had come loose and just needed to be soldered back into place. So I popped open my Kindle and went on a YouTube guided tour of the insides. Turns out my charging port is firmly attached right where it should be, but when I plugged everything back in the way I found it, I found that the touch screen is no longer recognizing my touch. Now I can't even open my Kindle to take inventory of what I'll lose if I can't fix it.

I realize my situation is pretty hopeless. I didn't break anything while I was poking around, and I've checked and rechecked all the connections I separated when I was attempting to diagnose the battery issue. I guess what I need most is for someone to tell me what thing I may have failed to plug in correctly that would cause the touch screen to stop working..

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If i had to bet a pound on the,charging issue, id bet the lot that the battery is jiggered, is the charging symbol showing the lightning bolt, in the box, if so the charge is getting as far as the battery, if not then the charger,/ lead is suspect. Does the lead fit snuggly in to the USB port without wobbling around . It could of course be a bit of both.
    As you have the,ability to dismantle it fitting a new battery should be within your capabilities.

The touch screen issue ? There's not any logical reasons that i can think of!, there are not that many options on how to put it back together that is possible to do so incorrectly with out it being fairly obvious, I'm assuming you didn't damage anything, didn't stick greasy fingers on the circuit board and didn't have bits left over at the end or a case that doesn't fit.

Have you tried the old, long press reset thing?
    May be the voltage is now so low that it won't function at all.

Sorry no actual answers, check your charger and lead, take it apart again and check for things out of place, order hew battery of eBay,

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just to continue on the battery issue, battery in devices don't go flat like say a torch battery will, at full charge, they have about 5v , as you use it it drops a few mv at a,time till is reaches three and,a half volts, at which point the devices switches its self off, though the battery is still half charged. That way when you charge it it only takes a few seconds to reach 3.6 volts and be capable of restarting.

However, as your battery ages, it discharged down to 3.5 volts quicker AND carries on,discharging down to nothing( if you leave it long enough) even after the device is off. Then when you come to charge it, you have a significant wait, whilst the battery is brought from nothing to the min operating voltage, ie somewhere maybe up to twice long as it takes to charge your kindle normally, maybe far longer?. That's if the kindle will even recognise it as battery

If your nursing an ageing kindle in to its dottage, then don't let it discharge to the point it switches off and particularly don't leave it for a long time till you put it on charge if it does.
    Last edited by jobo; 02-18-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links