Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire HD 10 Not Being Recognized By Computer

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire HD 10 Not Being Recognized By Computer within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, My laptop computer computer is not recognizing my Kindle fire HD 10. When I plug in my kindle fire HD 10 to the USb ...

Member #

Kindle Fire HD 10 Not Being Recognized By Computer

Hi,
    My laptop computer computer is not recognizing my Kindle fire HD 10. When I plug in my kindle fire HD 10 to the USb port it says found new hardware and it shows up in the device manager as an MTP device with a big yellow question mark icon by it and the Add New Hardware wizard pops up asking for an installation CD or Driver software. I unplugged my kindle fire from the computer and searched the internet. I downloaded and installed the USB Driver found at Amazon. The installation wizard said the drivers were successfully installed and the device was ready to use. I then rebooted my computer so the changes could take effect. I then plugged in my kindle to my laptop's spare USB port and turned the kindle on and it still came up as an MTP device with a yellow question mark icon and I still cannot access my kindle fire's internal storage to transfer files from my computer to my Kindle fire. What am I doing wrong? I should also mention that my laptop is not my main computer that I do most of my activities on and that it is pretty old, but it should still be able to handle simple tasks like this. My laptop was manufactured in 2006 by Dell and is running Windows XP Service pack 3. Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I did also try to connect my kindle to my main windows 10 computer, but ran into the same "device not recognized issue & on that one the driver file mentioned above would even install an I would get an installation failed error.
    Last edited by cali; 02-09-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Removed External Links

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Your not alone, its a windows problem rather than a kindle one.
    Try this

It's for samsung but the process is the same

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...-in-windows-7/

Nb even I've given up on XP, I wouldn't count on getting up to date drivers for it, they stopped supporting it two or three years ago, MOVE INTO THE 2010S and get windows7
    Last edited by jobo; 02-09-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links