Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HDX USB Socket Replacement Tape?

This is a discussion on HDX USB Socket Replacement Tape? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi - I'm in the process of changing the USB port on my HDX 7 3rd gen. The replacement part is on the way but ...

Member #

Question HDX USB Socket Replacement Tape?

Hi - I'm in the process of changing the USB port on my HDX 7 3rd gen. The replacement part is on the way but I am trying to find what tape I will need to attach it to the motherboard.
    yellow-tape.jpg
    This is my first fix of this type and I am surprised I cannot find the answer easily on Google. Surely it must be used widely in the computer repair world.
    Since it has to hold down a very important joint it needs to be very sticky but must also not cause problems to the circuitry on the board.
    Please can anyone tell me what tape I should use. I'm in France but can usually get things posted from the UK.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Electronics components are ether soldered or clip in place, that clips, the tape is a belts and braces thing you could ether do with out or use any electrical tape.
    However if you put electronics assembly tape in to google, you get a few hundred thousand results

Member #

Thumbs Up

Thank you jobo - "electronics assembly tape" is what I need - I did not know that description. The multi-pin connection on my HDX 7 is extremely small and I cannot see any form of clips involved so presume the correct tape is very important. I am still uncertain of which tape I should use to does anyone know for sure?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Having done the searching I think the tape I need is Kapton Tape High Temperature Heat Resistant Polyimide. Low cost so ordered some. I would still be pleased to hear if this is the correct tape to use.
    Last edited by Baldlygo; 02-02-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think you are over thinking this, i haven't had my kindle apart, but i really hope Amazon havent stuck electrical connections together with tape, is should go in to mechanical connection and be held in place by at least friction, or " an interference fit" . The tape will stop it vibrating out, its not the actual connection medium. To that end anything that does that job is good,
    https://www.tapejungle.com/categorie...ectronics.html
    The 6th oone down look remarkable similar to the tape in the picture, personally id stick it in place with bathroom sealant, if it was a bit on the lose side

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links