Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Insufficient Storage My Right Eye!

This is a discussion on Insufficient Storage My Right Eye! within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When trying to download a book or take a picture, I get a message stating, "Insufficient Storage Space - Your device doesn't have enough storage ...

Member #

Insufficient Storage My Right Eye!

When trying to download a book or take a picture, I get a message stating, "Insufficient Storage Space - Your device doesn't have enough storage space, etc."

When I open 'Settings,' then 'Storage,' the Internal Storage says I have 23.91GB free of 24.68GB, and the SD Card says 17.43MB free of 17.71MB

I've run CCleaner, and it cleared up some cache, but I still get this message.

I also tried the soft reboot (power button for twenty seconds) to no avail.
    Last edited by chokapi; 02-01-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That is odd, I've had occasional false warnings but never a constant one, can you just pres cancel and save it anyway, if so its just an anoyance, rather than spoiling the functionality,

The accepted wisdom is to hold the power button down till it switches off, then keep holding it for a while, then turn it on again for a reset ????

Member #
    Last edited by chokapi; 03-28-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That's Not the official low storage warning, which means its coming from some where else,either from an app you have installed and Or from malware ! Or more likely, from what ever you are trying to download,

First download malwarebytes from the Amazon store and run that, its very good at picking rogue apps up.
    That gets one potential out of the way and you really need it anyway.

Then I see you have install apps and everything else on the SD card turned on, which means it could be having trouble reading the SD card memory, after running the malwarebytes, turn that off and see it they install into the flash memory, in which case it's a new and probably faster SD card youl be needing, . Let me know if either of the above sort it out

Nb, if it won't let you install malwarebytes, then turn the SD card storage off first, and try again
    Last edited by jobo; 03-28-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links