Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ruined Device By Resetting?

This is a discussion on Ruined Device By Resetting? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, and thanks in advance. My DD has a fire tablet that she had misplaced when we moved, so it hadn't been started up in ...

Member #

Ruined Device By Resetting?

Hello, and thanks in advance. My DD has a fire tablet that she had misplaced when we moved, so it hadn't been started up in a while. I found it earlier, charged it, and turned it on. I remembered her saying that it wasn't working properly before so I decided to reset to factory. Now it boots up, takes me to the select language screen, and gets as far as connecting to social media accounts before cycling back to the select language screen. I was told by amazon that it is doing this because it hasn't been updated in a while. So apparently I should have updated BEFORE resetting? I had no way of knowing to do this. Their solution is to offer me a 15% discount on a new device. So helpful. Obviously I would like to try and save this one. Is there a way to force the updates at all? Does anyone have any suggestions besides throwing it away? Root it? So mad right now!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think the help desks sole purpose is to sell you another kindle, what they are saying makes little sense, a factory reset takes it back to its original state, then you need to up date it.

It's very hard to work things out with out being able to see it, so i haven't an easy work round for you,

Just a thought, you have registered the device with Amazon again ?. After that it should set up just as it did when you first got it

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links