Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Apps Don't Appear On Home Screen

This is a discussion on Apps Don't Appear On Home Screen within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I purchased a Fire 10 HD, os 5.6. I installed the necessary files to install apps from the google play store. Some of these, such ...

Member #

Apps Don't Appear On Home Screen

I purchased a Fire 10 HD, os 5.6. I installed the necessary files to install apps from the google play store. Some of these, such as chrome and several news readers, will appear on the home screen, but others won't. If I go to the play store, I can open these apps, but how can I force them to appear on the home screen? Thanks for help.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have to same modification, with out any problems, i know it sounds daft ! But you are scrolling right to the bottom of your home screen arnt you? . I have a good number of icons that don't normal show unless i scroll down.

If you click apps as written across the top of your screen, it will take you to a page that shows the last few apps use, if the invisible icons are showing there, you can launch them from that page, if not, click on the option show all apps, and it will give you a list of all apps, an you can launch them from there. O r alternatively click the library button and it will take you to the same apps page. save having to go on google play to do so
    Last edited by jobo; 01-04-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I have to same modification, with out any problems, i know it sounds daft ! But you are scrolling right to the bottom of your home screen arnt you? . I have a good number of icons that don't normal show unless i scroll down.

If you click apps as written across the top of your screen, it will take you to a page that shows the last few apps use, if the invisible icons are showing there, you can launch them from that page, if not, click on the option show all apps, and it will give you a list of all apps, an you can launch them from there. O r alternatively click the library button and it will take you to the same apps page. save having to go on google play to do so
    Nb, just had a play with mine and it seems that some of the side loaded apps don't show up in the apps library, this i assume is another case of Amazon making anything but their content awkward. To used !

First make sure that its not simply a case of not scrolling down to see apps that are in fact there, if you go in to settings , manage apps, , Amazon, apps settings, home screen, you can turn off the multi page home screen and put all the icons on a single page by I'm locking the change page navigation page. That should make it very obvious if the icons are there or not.

If not and you cant find them in the apps library ( as above) then you can locate them by typing the name of the app into the,search box at the top of the page. As that is something of a pain, you may wish to consider installing a launcher from the. Google page, try apex launcher, that will remove the Amazon control from you home screen and should HOPE FULLY show up all your down loads apps, though it will make using the Amazon features a bit less convenient.

Nb to turn the apex launcher off if you don't like it, go to settings, manage apps, click on the apex launcher and press force stop, there may be an easier way?

Member #
    Jobo, thanks. You are correct; they don't show on either a single-page home screen or in the apps library, but do show if a search is done. This is better than going to the play store to run the apps, at least. I may try the apex launcher, though I sort of like the amazon screens. thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Wish i could be of more help, I've just down loaded a load of apps and they all show up on the,screen, if one didn't i could figure it out. If you don't fancy the launcher you could install Es file manager and launch the apps from that, not quite as slick as having the icon, but only two clicks more.

Just a thought, you have enabled the allow apps from unknown sources in security haven't you, ?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok, i MAY have sorted this, at least i have found how to pit icons from the library to the home screen, but in my case non were side. Loaded, but worth a try

Install ES file manager, on the home screen, there ae a number of options, music , video and APPS, click on apps, and it gives you a page of icons, you can launch from there, as above. But try doing a long press on the missing icons so a tick appears on them, then go to the bottom right of the page where it says " more" click on that and then on " move to desk ( top). Then go back to the home screen and see if they are there, they aren't in my case. Then do a hard reset, hold the power button down, ignore the banner that appears, till the device goes off, leave,a while then restart and the icons should or in my case did, appear

Member #
    Nb, just had a play with mine and it seems that some of the side loaded apps don't show up in the apps library, this i assume is another case of Amazon making anything but their content awkward. To used !

First make sure that its not simply a case of not scrolling down to see apps that are in fact there, if you go in to settings , manage apps, , Amazon, apps settings, home screen, you can turn off the multi page home screen and put all the icons on a single page by I'm locking the change page navigation page. That should make it very obvious if the icons are there or not.

If not and you cant find them in the apps library ( as above) then you can locate them by typing the name of the app into the,search box at the top of the page. As that is something of a pain, you may wish to consider installing a launcher from the. Google page, try apex launcher, that will remove the Amazon control from you home screen and should HOPE FULLY show up all your down loads apps, though it will make using the Amazon features a bit less convenient.

Nb to turn the apex launcher off if you don't like it, go to settings, manage apps, click on the apex launcher and press force stop, there may be an easier way?
    I installed Alex launcher. It looks nice when I open it from the play store, but pressing the home key takes me back to amazon. How would I set Alex to be the default? Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You can't, Amazon won't give up control of the home screen, you can just run that on top,,just don't press home, unless you want to go home

Member #
    You can't, Amazon won't give up control of the home screen, you can just run that on top,,just don't press home, unless you want to go home
    There is an app that takes over the home key and sends you to a different launcher called, fittingly enough, launcher hijacker. But I like the amazon home page and just want my apps to show up there.

I found a way that works for me, so far. Install Nova launcher and click option to add apps to desk when installed. From within Nova, go to google play store and install apps. Then they show on amazon's home screen.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    We'll that's a problem solved! Did you try the method i out lined above using ES flie Manager,?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links