Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fire Tablet Newsstand Slow To Sync

This is a discussion on Fire Tablet Newsstand Slow To Sync within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have a 5th Generation 7" Fire tablet. I've noticed that (compared to our two Paperwhite Kindles) it can take a lot longer to sync ...

Member #

Fire Tablet Newsstand Slow To Sync

I have a 5th Generation 7" Fire tablet. I've noticed that (compared to our two Paperwhite Kindles) it can take a lot longer to sync new content. In particular, we subscribe to the local newspaper and each new issue is visible in our Paperwhites immediately in the morning. But on my Fire, the new issue isn't visible/available for download for a long time after waking the tablet up. Going to Settings->Sync doesn't seem to help -- it just takes its own sweet time before making the new issue visible. Wifi connectivity seems fine, I can use Twitter and Facebook while I'm waiting.

This isn't a showstopper problem, I can live with it (at least until the next Cyber Monday special on later generation Fires). But if there is a setting or technique I can try, I'd be appreciative.

Member #
    It turns out to be user error. Compared to my smartphone, the Fire tablet is just pokey and it takes time to get new content. When it doesn't happen immediately, I start poking around looking at other stuff and that delays the download even more. Just keeping my hands off is the fix.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links