Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Calls For Nonexistent SD Card

This is a discussion on Kindle Calls For Nonexistent SD Card within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, I just recently updated my Kindle Fire HD 6 (4th gen) to FireOS 5.6.0.0, and now Silk, Appstore, Music, Books, Video, Newsstand, and Prime ...

Member #

Exclamation Kindle Calls For Nonexistent SD Card

Hello,
    I just recently updated my Kindle Fire HD 6 (4th gen) to FireOS 5.6.0.0, and now Silk, Appstore, Music, Books, Video, Newsstand, and Prime Photos are all grayed out, saying "SD Card Not Available", but I have no SD Card slot to begin with.
    Screenshot_2017-12-29-22-07-06.png
    When I press "Download Again", all it does is take me to my Appstore Library (which, of course, doesn't have the grayed out apps)

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    We'll yes they will be, all those are dependent. On the Amazon original operating system which is no longer operating!

As a wild card, you could try down loading what ever it says you should down load and see what happens ? Other than that i fear you are going to have to reinstall later version that work with your new operating system
    Last edited by jobo; 12-30-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    We'll yes they will be, all those are dependent. On the Amazon operating system which is no longer operating!

As a wild card, you could try down loading what ever it says you should down load and see what happens ? Other than that i fear you are going to have to instal alternatives that work with your new operating system
    What do you mean that the OS I just updated to is "no longer operating"? Did Amazon end support to these apps?
    Also, I can't redownload the missing apps. The only things I can access through the "Download Again" button are just games.
    EDIT: I can access Silk through "How to use Alexa", for whatever reason. I can't access the rest (Appstore, Videos, etc.) this way. (I also freed up some more space on my Kindle)
    Last edited by radzo73; 12-30-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You may have "updated" the os, but what you have done is to install a new operating system over the top of the old one. When its telling you it can find the SD card, what its saying is it can't find the functions and is making an assumption that these are on an sd card which it can't find.

What utilities did the operating system say it would install? If not those then its a good guess they are not included. If it does include those, then they are not associated with the screen icons and you will need to look for them to operate them, this " update is compatable with your device?

When it takes you to the app store, can you then not search the app store for that which you require, ? If so then put a browser on there.
    Last edited by jobo; 12-30-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links