Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Swipe Typing On Kindle Fire 8

This is a discussion on Swipe Typing On Kindle Fire 8 within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Just got a new Kindle Fire 8 after my old Kindle needed constant recharging. Love the new Kindle, however, I don't seem to be able ...

Member #

Swipe Typing On Kindle Fire 8

Just got a new Kindle Fire 8 after my old Kindle needed constant recharging. Love the new Kindle, however, I don't seem to be able to "type" on the keyboard by swiping. I don't know any other word for it, but it's where you zoom around the keyboard with your finger and don't have to tap type each and every letter. I have this capability on my smartphone and had it on the old Kindle. Now with the latest and greatest Kindle, I have lost this capability. Have checked into Swype for Kindle, but it gets crummy reviews. Have also checked to see if this is a capability that I can set in the Kindle itself. I am at a loss. Any suggestions on how to get this back?

P.S. I tried to enter this problem on my new Kindle, but the Kindle Fire Forum doesn't seem to recognize my device (really?) and, therefore, doesn't format things properly. Also could only enter one line in this part of the form before I couldn't do anything else - couldn't keep typing, couldn't delete, couldn't move the cursor at all. What's up with that?

Member #
    That last part you're describing is the trouble I'm having with my HD 2016 vs6 kindle. First I thought it was FB because that's where it first happened but I literally am on my iPhone 6 typing this because I can't type in this forum on my kindle! I have to do a hard quit and restart before it works again.

Member #
    I'm having the same issue. I can type a few characters on my kindle fire 8, but then nothing. I have to turn it off to restart it. I too am in this forum using my phone. Couldn't do it on my kindle. Need an answer. Received this for Christmas and has only been used about a dozen times.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links