Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Two Problems Since Last Upgrade

This is a discussion on Two Problems Since Last Upgrade within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have a Fire (5th Generation) running FireOS 5.3.2.0. Two very annoying thing have cropped up since the last upgrade on 11/09. First the battery ...

Member #

Two Problems Since Last Upgrade

I have a Fire (5th Generation) running FireOS 5.3.2.0. Two very annoying thing have cropped up since the last upgrade on 11/09.

First the battery life has plummeted. With the screen locked and display off, the battery will lose at least 50% of its charge in about six hours. I used to be less than 10%. This may be related to the second problem.

Secondly, applications start spontaneously: I can reboot, lock the screen, turn off the display, come back in about two hours and at least one app has started up. The last few days it seems to prefer the Hulu client. That app, of course, attaches itself to the wireless which doesn't help the battery life. I am now using D-Vasive Pro to lock out the wireless when I am not using the device but that is not a solution.

Any suggestions?

Member #
    Got ahold of support. Turns out I had to do a hardware reset and re-register the device. Seems pretty drastic but there it is.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links