Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SD Card Doesn't Work

This is a discussion on SD Card Doesn't Work within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I purchased a new 5th generation Fire HD. As I was going through the tablet looking at the new layout and differences since the last ...

Member #

Red face SD Card Doesn't Work

I purchased a new 5th generation Fire HD. As I was going through the tablet looking at the new layout and differences since the last Fire HDX. Anyway when I tried to install a SD card but the card won't stay locked in. If I held the card in I can see the card information come up on the screen, as soon as I let it go the card pops back out.
    The crazy part of this is when I emailed them to let them know that the SD card won't lock in I was told that this is a feature that is not available as of yet. They advertise that you can add up to 128 GB card for storage. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and the same response.
    I am going to speak with my attorney about false advertising. There are so many choices for a tablet. The Fire HD looks like a great device on paper. But if they are lieing about what they are selling this could turn into a Class Action LWsuit.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have an HD8 and it has the micro-SD card slot on the upper right side (portrait). The cover is a bit hard to open but the card installed and is operating with no problems. Maybe you have a defective unit?

Member #
    Same problem here. Brand new Fire 7. Does not lock in the SD card. Returning device to Amazon.

Member #
    I have encountered the same problem with a brand new Kindle Fire 7 (5th gen.) purchased in February of 2017. The SD card simply would not stay in its port. I have returned the problem unit as defective. I hope the second Fire 7 I've ordered will behave as expected regarding the SD card.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links