Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire Keyboard

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire Keyboard within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My Kindle Fire keyboard continually freezes up on me and will not allow me to type at all. I can type one letter, then the ...

Member #

Kindle Fire Keyboard

My Kindle Fire keyboard continually freezes up on me and will not allow me to type at all. I can type one letter, then the keyboard returns but is still frozen. I have restarted my device many times and it does nothing. Just seems to have happened overnight. Everything else seems fine. I am trying to avoid a factory reset. Any suggestions on how to remedy this??

Member #
    The fire keyboard is absolute rubbish & I would highly recommend a 3rd party keyboard app. I use SwiftKey & love it

Sent from my KFMEWI using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by swankebe View Post
    The fire keyboard is absolute rubbish & I would highly recommend a 3rd party keyboard app. I use SwiftKey & love it

Sent from my KFMEWI using Tapatalk
    I have SwiftKey on my iPhone and like it ALMOST as much as Swype for android. But I tried and can't use in on Kindle fire 5th gen. It is installed but SwiftKey asks me to "select device" from a short list (where that came from I don't know) but no "Kindle" so my Fire doesn't give me a choice of selecting SwiftKey as a keyboard. I have Chrome as a browser on my Kindle and I have a google account. What am I missing?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links