Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Used Kindle Fire Gen 1 [2012] Attempting to Unroot

This is a discussion on Used Kindle Fire Gen 1 [2012] Attempting to Unroot within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Greetings, I've wasted enough of my Memorial Weekend so far trying to be the good guy here. I picked up a Kindle Fire on Craigslist ...

Member #

Used Kindle Fire Gen 1 [2012] Attempting to Unroot

Greetings,

I've wasted enough of my Memorial Weekend so far trying to be the good guy here. I picked up a Kindle Fire on Craigslist for a very reasonable price and when I got it home I discovered that not only was it rooted (to my dismay), but also that the original owner has an infinitesimally large amount of personal info saved, passwords, details about business trips, etc, that were not removed. I thought the safest bet would be to seek information on, and attempt, to unroot the device and bring it back to stock. It has been an absolute pain in the backside...

For starters, everything I try to do requires booting into recovery mode, which this tablet absolutely refuses to do.

It has TWRP 2.2.2.1 installed, Cyanogenmod, and a bunch of other stuff that is beyond me (not much of an Android developer). and every effort I take to try to reboot it into recovery to install the stock Kindle Fire software fails because every boot brings it into a normal boot mode.

I've even attempted to brick this thing intentionally so I can run the Unbrick Utility I found on it but even that has been unsuccessful. I'm trying to run Perfectly Android KitKat Operating Systems for the Kindle Fire 's Restore2Stock software but, surprise surprise, I need to be in recovery mode to actually run it.

What do I have to do to get this thing into recovery mode? Or, to brick it so I can attempt to use unbricking software in the hope/off chance this thing might actually be able to go into recovery mode? I've wasted way too much of my weekend on this already and am beyond frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I thank you for putting up with my little spat.
    Last edited by Varwulf; 05-24-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Member #
    If you don't get an answer here, try the MobileRead.com Forums. They seem to be more into rooting etc. of Kindles

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links