Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Weird Charging Problem

This is a discussion on Weird Charging Problem within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi all, I've had this weird problem with my Kindle Fire HD for the last several months, and I just can't figure out what's causing ...

Member #

Weird Charging Problem

Hi all,

I've had this weird problem with my Kindle Fire HD for the last several months, and I just can't figure out what's causing it. I've searched many Kindle forums and Googled for answers but I can't find anyone who's had a problem like this.

Anyhow.. what happens is sometimes when I turn on or reboot my tablet, the battery percentage meter in the status bar reads 0% even though the tablet is charged. When this happens, the tablet works just fine.. just that I'm not able to charge it.

I tried calling Amazon, the tech tried his best to help me.. one of the things that he told me to try was to clear the cache and data in the Launcher app, force stop it and reboot. This seems to work.. sometimes. He also suggested I reset the Kindle to the factory default.. this worked, for a while.. then the problem started again.

I've also tried force stopping other running apps, using cache cleaners and rebooting.. and all have mixed results.

It's very frustrating when this happens, because as I said when the Kindle is in this state I'm not able to charge it at all.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope someone can help.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links