Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sideloading?

This is a discussion on Sideloading? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Ok, can someone help or point me in the right direction for help? I got my Kindle for Christmas.....but, what is sideloading, and how do ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By coastalfan
  • 1 Post By Hawaiian Princess

Thread: Sideloading?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Sideloading?

Ok, can someone help or point me in the right direction for help? I got my Kindle for Christmas.....but, what is sideloading, and how do I do it? Do I need to be rooted, because I am pretty sure I am not going to try that for a while, but I keep hearing people talk about sideloading android apps. I have an android phone and have lots of apps from the android market that I would like to have on the Kindle also. Is that possible??
    Rosie and Bolsa like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    rooting is not necessary. u can start here with this link or u can google Sideload and there's lots of info

http://m.androidcentral.com/sideload...wonder-machine

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is the easiest way. I suggest you use virus protection before sideloading apps. No rooting needed for sideloading.

1. Download ES file manager and Webroot virus protection from the Amazon App store.
    2. On your Fire, click settings, click devices, set allow installations to ON
    3. On the silk browser, click search, type in four shared
    4. Find the apps apk that you want to download, click on download
    5. To install the apps on your fire, you can click where it says your name's kindle in the upper left corner or go to ES file manager, click download, click on the link to install
    That's it

If you want to side load from Handango

1. Set up your email account on your fire
    2. Go to handango, find the apps you like, send the apps to your fire via email. (You might have to send them using a computer, not your Fire)
    3. Click on the email link on your fire to install.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalfan View Post
    Ok, can someone help or point me in the right direction for help? I got my Kindle for Christmas.....but, what is sideloading, and how do I do it? Do I need to be rooted, because I am pretty sure I am not going to try that for a while, but I keep hearing people talk about sideloading android apps. I have an android phone and have lots of apps from the android market that I would like to have on the Kindle also. Is that possible??
    Last edited by bigloser99; 12-30-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links