Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Replacement Screen

This is a discussion on Replacement Screen within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; All, I gave my nephew a new kindle fire for Christmas, and he's already managed to crack the digitizer screen. The LCD is fine. The ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Replacement Screen

All,

I gave my nephew a new kindle fire for Christmas, and he's already managed to crack the digitizer screen. The LCD is fine. The problem is that I ordered a replacement screen before my sister shipped the old one to me. Last night I compared them, and I ordered the wrong screen. I thought I had a Kindle Fire HD 7" (not HDX), but the replacement screen had a camera hole (mine doesn't have a camera), the connectors were all wrong, and it was a few mm too wide (not to mention it was obviously not going to work since all the bits didn't fit either.)

The kindle that I ordered is on this link:Kindle Fire HD Tablet - Best Value Kids Tablet, Family Tablet

The replacement screen (I got from ebay, not this site) looks like the one at that link: http://www.gadgetmenders.com/kindle-...ent-glass.html

The problem is that the screen that looks like this is wrong too:Kindle Fire Replacement Screen | eBay

I attached a picture of my cracked screen.

I'd like to know if anybody knows where I can get a replacement.
    Attached Images

Member #
    Ok, if nobody can tell me where to order a new digitizer, can you at least tell me what 'model number' I have? or where to find it? I can't access anything on this kindle with the screen cracked, so if it isn't printed somewhere on the outside I can't get to it.

Member #
    Looks like it is an "Amazon Kindle Fire HD, 2013, 7" (P48WVB4)". I'm still looking for somebody that carries my screen.

Member #

Thumbs up

The new type Kindle Fire screens are not available yet. If you want to send me your name and email address, as soon as we have screens, I'll contact you. Regards. Chris REO Technology Ltd. Repairs Sales and Spares for iPhone, iPad, iPod & Kindle, ch@reotech.co.uk

Member #
    I am also in the same boat. My son dropped and cracked the glass on our Kindle Fire HD. Same as above poster has. Are there any replacements available yet?

Member #

Replacement Screen

As soon as we have information on availability, we can send you information. From the previous posting, you will see the email address to send you name and email to we will add you to the database. We have no information at the moment as to availability of these screens.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos_mnj View Post
    I am also in the same boat. My son dropped and cracked the glass on our Kindle Fire HD. Same as above poster has. Are there any replacements available yet?

Member #
    For your information, we do have stocks of the Kindle Fire HDX 7 inch on route. info@reotech.co.uk

Regards

Ads