Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Low Storage Issues Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on Low Storage Issues Kindle Fire within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, Had my kindle for quite a while and I've never had so many issues with low storage as I have now, I have 6 ...

Member #

Low Storage Issues Kindle Fire

Hi,
    Had my kindle for quite a while and I've never had so many issues with low storage as I have now, I have 6 games on there and have removed all my books (I used to have a whole lot more books and games, it currently states I have in use:
    Books: 51.1kb (the two dictionaries I cant remove)
    Video: 1gb <---THE MOST CONFUSING AS IVE NEVER UPLOADED ANY VIDEO TO THE DEVICE PLUS ON ENTERING THE MENU FOR IT IT STATES I HAVE NOTHING ON DEVICE OR CLOUD SO HOW CAN IT BE USING 1GB??
    Docs: 3.5mb (as above I've never used this for any documents)
    Apps and Games: 748.6mb
    Others: 3.7gb <-----ALSO VERY CONFUSING AS IT WONT LET ME ACCESS THIS MENU SO I AM UNABLE TO SEE WHAT IS TAKING THE MEM AND WHETHER I CAN GET RID!

Please can someone clue me in, I am so frustrated now I'm considering going elsewhere simply as this never used to be an issue or so complicated and I am not a stupid person!! :-\

Thanks in advance,

G.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Others is a catch all for a lot of things. When you install a program many times a copy of the apk file is stored in others, even though you don't need it. Many times you could have several apk files for the same program if you have updated it several times. The data cache files for all your programs that use data are also stored in others so they don't have to download all the data every time you use the program. If you have ES File Explorer you can get to many of these folders and erase much of this data. Also if you have App Cache Cleaner you can use it to erase much of these cache files. Another program that will help keep you Fire slim and trim is MobileCare which erases un-needed cache files. Clean Sweep is another program that will help you rid your fire of unneeded files. It takes awhile and its a bit of work but you can free much of these files.
    I have an original 8GB Fire and a second generation 32GB HD7". Its a bit of work; but once you learn where to go and what to do you can keep even a 8GB fire with plenty of space to store what you want. My old 8GB fire has 684 MB of program storage free (using 434 MB), and 4.5 GB of storage free for video's, books etc, using 544 MB's. Take your time and you will be surprised how much free space you acturally have. fdalbor

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope the above answer is helpful.

Member #

My low storage problems have been solved

I too have had storage problems on my kindle fire hd to the point where I stopped using it out of frustration. I spoke with my son Steve about the problem,he did some research and suggested an app that should help. I installed the app and within minutes my available kindle storage went from a few megabytes to almost 8 gigabytes. Now my kindle is back to normal and I'm back to using it every day, I can't believe the difference the app made. Ok now for the app. It's called Clean Master Phone Boost and it's FREE. Don't be put off by the word "Phone" in the name. It works brilliantly for the kindle fire hd. I hope all people who have had the same issues as I had read this and get the app because it really has made fantastic improvement.
    Last edited by Mick; 10-04-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Member #
    The data cache files for all your programs that use data are also stored in others so they don't have to download all the data every time you use the program. If you have ES File Explorer you can get to many of these folders and erase much of this data. Also if you have App Cache Cleaner you can use it to erase much of these cache files. Another program that will help keep you Fire slim and trim is MobileCare which erases un-needed cache files.
    Thanks for sharing this

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links