Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Screen Unresponsive

This is a discussion on Screen Unresponsive within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I haven't had my kindle fire very long so I don't know if this is a new problem, something that has stopped working or a ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Screen Unresponsive

I haven't had my kindle fire very long so I don't know if this is a new problem, something that has stopped working or a software issue. When I do a Google search, the typical list of web pages come up. When I try to select a particular web page, either by the info text or the actual web page, I don't get any visual indication (no highlighted text) of what I touched on screen. It doesn't matter what or where I touch, the only thing that gives me some indication is the toolbar at the top of the page will show the page is loading next to the web page address. Once I'm on a web page, I get the usual highlighted indication of what I've selected for any hyperlinks on that page. All other touch indications for the device for all screens (apps, video, books, settings...etc) work except the Google search results. I saw another post regarding using a stylus, but I don't know what that particular problem was. They were just asking if anyone else was using one. I called tech support and explained what was going on, they said it was defective so they sent a new device. Same problem. I live in a small town and went to two store to try theirs, but they were all out. I know there's a new software version coming out soon but don't know if that will fix this particular issue. If anyone else is having this same problem or have any suggestions, please let me know. I really like the kindle fire and don't want to change to another tablet. I tried all the suggestions at Amazon for unresponsive screens, rebooted, full charge, and re-registered. Nothing has worked.

Still searching for an answer. Found this interesting link at amazon. http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...x1I1BTOSYM471X
    Last edited by gumbyc; 12-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Member #
    This.is a 6.2 fa problem because before I updated it was fine.on 6.1

Member #
    Hi ITSMEDAVID,
    I believe you are right (See link in initial post). I didn't have my kindle except a few days b4 the 6.2 so I couldn't remember if Google search was working correctly before that. I just got off the phone with support again with an app problem and informed them about the Google problem with the 6.2. I Also discussed my prior conversations with support in that they shipped a new kindle to me because they thought it was a defective. Only after I tried the new one and searched the internet did I find the forum post where others were having the same problem. As indicated in the link, the Bing search engine does work, so I just bookmarked that page and will use Bing instead of Google. For what's it's worth, the tech I just talked to said she agreed it was a big bug and would pass it along. Hopefully to be fixed in a future software update.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Funny, no issues with either versions. I'm sure like other devices it could be those handful...or more that has problems

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    have the same problem....all I did was stop using Google search when I want to actually go to a web page.....Yahoo an the Kindle web work fine for that.....

Member #
    Same problem here! Nice to know I'm not the only one...thanks to
    this great site!

Ads