Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dolphin, Maxthon Browsers Quit Working on Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

This is a discussion on Dolphin, Maxthon Browsers Quit Working on Kindle Fire HD 8.9" within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Last night I noticed that the Dolphin web browser, an alternative to Silk, would no longer work on my Kindle Fire HD. The Dolphin app ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Dolphin, Maxthon Browsers Quit Working on Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Last night I noticed that the Dolphin web browser, an alternative to Silk, would no longer work on my Kindle Fire HD. The Dolphin app was erased from my Kindle cloud which stores apps, and going to the Kindle app store I discovered that Dolphin and Maxthon are no longer available for my table (it says not compatible in the app store, even tho I originally downloaded Dolphin from there some months ago).

Are others having this problem? If so, how to fix it?

What has Amazon done to the Android OS, if anything, to cause this trouble?

Is there an alternative to the Silk browser that will work on the Kindle -- one that supports Flash?

Member #
    I have tried to post twice today to this post. Both were blocked. -- or just unsuccessful.

This is a test.

Member #
    I have spent four hours trying to get a way to view web pages having Flash content. No way yet.

What bugs me is that Amazon changed my OS on my Kindle Fire HD tablet so that I can't use my apps. I don't know if this is true, but I can't find now any way that the apps that previously I downloaded from the Kindle apps storewill work now. I thought that I owned the Kindle Fire tablet that I bought at a high price, but now I think not.

This is the third time that I have tried to post a similar message to the Kindle forum; previous ones have not been posted.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by roofrabbit View Post
    I have spent four hours trying to get a way to view web pages having Flash content. No way yet.

What bugs me is that Amazon changed my OS on my Kindle Fire HD tablet so that I can't use my apps. I don't know if this is true, but I can't find now any way that the apps that previously I downloaded from the Kindle apps storewill work now. I thought that I owned the Kindle Fire tablet that I bought at a high price, but now I think not.

This is the third time that I have tried to post a similar message to the Kindle forum; previous ones have not been posted.
    I downloaded Dolphin from 1mobile and Getjar. I have it on both my original fire and my 7"HD and it works with flash on both. I have never seen Dolphin on the Amazon apk store; but if you say it was I will take your word for it. Give 1mobile or getjar a try and make sure you have the "get apks from outside sources" activated. You should not have any problems. Maxthon was available in the Amazon store awhile ago, but was removed several months ago. But it and several other alternatives are available from 1mobile or getjar or several other sources. fdalbor
    Last edited by fdalbor; 07-23-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The x.4.5 update that added multi-color highlighting also breaks the use of flash.
    Cheers, Bill (aka cicsos2)

Member #
    I can live without flash, but now Dolphin does not even complete loading one page. It starts up, progress bar for opening URL gets halfway done and then the program closes.

Member #
    Does the Dolphin browser over 10.1 work with Kindle Fire hd 8.9?

Ads