Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Add album covers to music

This is a discussion on Add album covers to music within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, I'm Enrico from Italy. I just got my Kindle Fire today. As you probably know since I live outside the US i can't directly ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nedvizzini

Thread: Add album covers to music

Member #

Add album covers to music

Hi, I'm Enrico from Italy. I just got my Kindle Fire today. As you probably know since I live outside the US i can't directly buy music and apps from Amazon. Anyway, I tried to upload some music from my library and of course I managed to upload the music on the Fire. I can open the mp3s and listen to them but the album cover pictures are missing. How can I add them on the Fire? Thanks,

Enrico

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It would be best to update your mp3 collection with ID3 tags, which can contain album art. I use Mediamonkey to do this..use the User Manual to learn how to rename.re-tag and add album art to your files..it's easy after you do it a few times, so don't be daunted.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    It would be best to update your mp3 collection with ID3 tags, which can contain album art. I use Mediamonkey to do this..use the User Manual to learn how to rename.re-tag and add album art to your files..it's easy after you do it a few times, so don't be daunted.
    Hmmm but actually on my Mac my music collection is almost entirely with album covers, so I think the.tags are already set.

Member #
    Is there any other ways to do this?

Member #

Try this

I found your post because I was having the same issue. One less than elegant way I have found to fix the problem is to
    1. find an image of the album in a Google search
    2. save this to your desktop
    3. rename this image "folder.jpg" (regardless of the album's title)
    4. Copy this image into the iTunes/Zune folder for that album

Now, if you currently have the album on your kindle you need to delete it completely. This means going in and deleting the folder for that album that remains under your "music" folder on your Fire (while connected by USB). Once you've cleared that out, just copy the whole folder (along with your rigged image file).

I just did this with the new Beach Boys album (which I highly recommend) and it worked perfectly.

Also, this has no effect on playback in iTunes or Zune.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My Hack Solution

None of the above worked for me. Amazon mislabeled 1 in 10 of my albums. Here is how I fixed them. It is very long, but not that complicated. Hopefully you won't have to do it for too many album covers. This was tested on a Kindle Fire purchased in Dec 2012 (not HD) and Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.

1) Upload the album that Amazon mislabels to the Amazon Cloud.
    2) On your Kindle, download the mislabeled album to your Device (ew, ugly).
    3) On your computer, find the correct album art on the web and save it to your desktop.
    4) Plug your Kindle into your computer (USB).
    5) Browse "Computer -> Kindle -> Internal Storage -> Music -> temp -> .imagecache -> ALBUM"
    You will find yourself in a folder with subfolders "60", "90", "121", "155", "250", "365", "379", "392", "500". Each of these subfolders contains different-sized album art for your music. "60" has 60px art; "90" has 90px art; and so on.
    6) Browse the "155" folder and find the bad (mislabeled) album art. Copy the file name of this bad art.
    7) Go to your desktop and rename the correct album art the name of the bad album art.
    8) Copy and paste the renamed, correct album art into all the subfolders "60", "90", "121", "155", "250", "365", "379", "392", "500", replacing the old version whenever prompted.

Problem solved. And oh, it feels so good!

Kindle with Properly Labeled Music.jpg
    Last edited by nedvizzini; 01-19-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: added picture
    contrabombarde likes this.

Ads