Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ram Memory

This is a discussion on Ram Memory within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 LTE with 1 Gigabyte of ram. I have killed all the processes of the apps I had running, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fdalbor
  • 1 Post By fdalbor

Thread: Ram Memory

Member #

Question Ram Memory

I have the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 LTE with 1 Gigabyte of ram. I have killed all the processes of the apps I had running, but available ram says there is only about 100 mb. How can I free up more ram?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Each one of the apps you use stores much of the data it is using in a cache. You will be surprised how many of your apps are using memory even while you don't think they are even running. There are several cache cleaner apps you can download that will show you how much of your ram is being used every time you turn your fire on and display just how much memory is being wasted on apps you don't even think are running. If you can't find one let me know and I'll drop you a couple in another post. fdalbor
    DianneKindleB likes this.

Member #
    Hi! Thanks for responding!
    I have several apps that will clean cache and I have clicked their buttons to do so, but not sure I am getting all that needs removed.
    Gemini App Manager, RAM Booster Pro (but says it is experimental and may not work with my device) and the Kindle itself. I have turned off notifications on most of the apps and kill processes, but they keep coming up. I have checked settings on individual apps to see if they are set to run automatically.
    Sometimes when I boost the ram it clears 100+ mbs, but goes right back down to below 100 at times. I noticed on a youtube video from GoodReads that he had over 500 mbs of ram when he was showing a tutorial, so maybe I am having too high of hopes to have as much ram.
    I removed cache once and turned off some things through the Kindle menu, then lost the sound on the Kindle and had to do a reset to factory settings, per Amazon support. Wish to not go through that again.
    Maybe I am being too paranoid since I am more of a laptop person and not used to not having lots of RAM memory to get things done. 100mbs seem like the old days of slow processors!!
    Any other information is greatly appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I just turned on my 7"HD fire and it shows 244mb of memory available (ES-Task manager), I turned it off and turned it back on (no changes in anything) and it showed 153mb of memory. Did it a third time and it showed 75mb. Tried it a fourth time and it was 323mb. At no point did I do anything except shut it down and reboot it. Makes you wonder if any of the apps available will give you a accurate reading of memory available. ????????fdalbor
    DianneKindleB likes this.

Member #
    As long as the apps are working, I guess we shouldn't worry about it. I have 50+gigabytes of free space so no trouble there. The ram memory being used by all the apps shouldn't be using 500mbs, if most are not even running. Hard to believe that the memory is taken over by just the original Kindle apps. I don't use the Free Time or the Game Circle, but they continue to run even after I kill them! Ram booster pro will free up the memory for a period of time, but then goes back down after a while. I have the widget up on the status bar to boost when I see the indicator getting full. 1gigabyte is a lot for a tablet, so I'm not understanding why there is not more to access ALL the time.

Ads