Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problem with Appstore

This is a discussion on Problem with Appstore within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; A couple days ago the appstore started having problems. I cannot bring up the keybard to type in the search box, the banner of free ...

Member #

Problem with Appstore

A couple days ago the appstore started having problems. I cannot bring up the keybard to type in the search box, the banner of free apps at the top will not scroll and to purchase/download an app I have to keep pressing the buy/download button multiple times until it starts downloading. I have not seen this problem anywhere else other than the system seems to be running a little slow. I've tried a force close on the appstere and a hard reboot, nothing has worked. Ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Sounds like a weak connection problem. I do not have wifi where I live so I have to use hot spots and free connections to connect with my two Fires. What you described is exactly what happens when I have a weak connection. When I have a fair or strong connection the problem disappears. I have also found that the weather can affect those type of connections. Also the number of people using the hot spots affects the connection. fdalbor

Member #
    The problem seems to be with the store app itself. Browsing or downloads are not slowed down. And the keyboard problem should not be affected by a slow connection. And I really don't wnat to try resetting to factory defaults and loose all my data.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    That is a possibility. I found my Original is a lot more compatable with apps than my HD. A good instance is my Original downloads and runs FireFox 19.0 just fine while my HD will not. The HD has a setting to allow you to access external market links thru the Amazon Appstore. the middle setting should not open external links with the Amazon appstore. Which should allow you to download and install apps form other sources. But many times I can"t with my HD. While my original (which does not have this feature) has no problem getting the same app. fdalbor

Member #
    I am having same problem too, can search for books and music for example, but not apps. If I hit the "Store" , it takes me right back to the carousel. We have two kindled in our home and only one acts this way. Thanks for any help.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
    A couple days ago the appstore started having problems. I cannot bring up the keybard to type in the search box, the banner of free apps at the top will not scroll and to purchase/download an app I have to keep pressing the buy/download button multiple times until it starts downloading. I have not seen this problem anywhere else other than the system seems to be running a little slow. I've tried a force close on the appstere and a hard reboot, nothing has worked. Ideas?
    I'm having this exact same problem with the key board not coming up only in App Store on my kindle fire 1st gen. Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I'm having this exact same problem with the key board not coming up only in App Store on my kindle fire 1st gen. Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem?
    Nothing yet, other than what the Amazon help line suggested doing a full factory reset of the unit. I'm not even sure that would have worked.
    Since I have a Game that I am over a year into I do not want to loose all the objects purchased and the levels reached. I have found that I can live with the appstore not working properly until they (Either Amazon or the devs of these games) give us a way to back up game data to do a reset without losing everything.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
    Nothing yet, other than what the Amazon help line suggested doing a full factory reset of the unit. I'm not even sure that would have worked.
    Since I have a Game that I am over a year into I do not want to loose all the objects purchased and the levels reached. I have found that I can live with the appstore not working properly until they (Either Amazon or the devs of these games) give us a way to back up game data to do a reset without losing everything.
    I've actually done a reset to no avail.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I've actually done a reset to no avail.
    Glad I didn't try it then, I would have been really ticked off.
    I've worked around it by going to the Amazon Appstore, buying any apps I want there and then sending them to my Kindle.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links