Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire wont charge or turn on

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire wont charge or turn on within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I apologize if this is in the wrong place... I have a Kindle Fire that I've had for less than a year, I purchased it ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Kindle Fire wont charge or turn on

I apologize if this is in the wrong place...
    I have a Kindle Fire that I've had for less than a year, I purchased it at Best Buy. All of a sudden it will not charge and the battery is so low it will no longer come on to try and do the reset I have read about online. I have tried several different chargers (it takes the same as our phones) on several different outlets and it does the same thing.
    When I plug it in sometimes the power light shows green for a second, then turns to orange and then goes off. Sometimes it just does nothing when I plug it in. All of these chargers work on other devices.

I am wondering if this means there is an issue with the power port itself (if so can this be repaired?)or an internal issue with the Kindle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    If your Fire is less than a year old send it back to Amazon as they have a year warranty on them. Sounds like a battery problem. Are you using the charger that came with the original fire. Its about a 2amp charger while most of the phone ones are less than 1amp. Battery in the fire is much larger than the phone batteries. Have you tried using a USB cable to charge it from a USB port on a computer?fdalbor

Member #
    I've tried charging it thru the USB. Tried the Kindle charger, as well as other chargers similar. I took it in this last week to have it looked at by a pc repair place and they said it was the power port and could fix it. $65 and several hours later, it still wont hold a charge.
    I'm going to see if I can dig up my original purchase receipt and see when I got it and then contact Kindle to see if they can offer some help.

Member #
    I too have an ongoing issue with Kindle Fire charging. I am on Kindle Fire #3 - Amazon customer service has been great replacing Fires #1 and #2. Now the same problem has developed on #3. I even bought the Kindle rapid charger and new Kindle USB cable - same result and exact same symptoms as described by chickenlady in her original post. I'll be calling Amazon again tomorow.

Member #
    What do I do if my Kindle Fire has stopped charging, won't turn on, and it's more than a year old (14 months)? Is it repairable or is it now scrap?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I don't have an answer for you but if you call 1-877-453-4512 (toll free) I am sure the Amazon tech people will be able to help you. I had a problem of my own doing with my original Fire and they bent over backwards to help me fix the problem. They even called a few days later to make sure the problem was solved. Give them a shot. fdalbor

Ads