Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No Collections Option on Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on No Collections Option on Kindle Fire within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I know that this has been discussed a lot over the past year or so, but I want to voice my frustration with it. After ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

No Collections Option on Kindle Fire

I know that this has been discussed a lot over the past year or so, but I want to voice my frustration with it. After having the Kindle Fire for 13 months, I'm not over it. I have spent a lot of time and a little bit of money trying a couple of apps that don't make up for the collections app that came on the older Kindles. Nothing works the same way because it wasn't built into the system. I still don't understand why such a useful tool was taken away.

Member #
    I couldn't agree more. I love my Kindle Fire, but the lack of collections/folder/directories/whatever is very frustrating. Surely the software can handle that. If older Kindles and Kindle for Windows can, why not the Fire?

Member #
    Amazon is "supposedly" working on this problem.
    But, how soon they will have collections function on the Fire is anyone's guess.

I told their CSR that because the Fire lacks this single function, I am not buying a Fire until collections is supported on the Fire. A reader is close to useless w/o the ability to organize the books into categories that the human mind can work with. Having a single list of 1,000 books is worse than useless, as it would be totally impractical to search through 1,000 books to find the book that you want to read.

Member #
    I totally agree, it's hard to keep track of the books that are a series because they are separated every time a new one is downloaded.

Ads