Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

More than one cloud drive

This is a discussion on More than one cloud drive within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I could not help but notice when you remove a app from your fire that was purchased from Amazon it is stored on the cloud. ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

More than one cloud drive

I could not help but notice when you remove a app from your fire that was purchased from Amazon it is stored on the cloud. But I also notice that there is reference to a cloud drive. I logged on to the amazon site and was surprised to find I had no files listed in my cloud drive; but on my app listing on the fire it shows 10 files (the ones with the little checks at the bottom) as stored in the cloud.
    Because of the limited amount of memory for apps on the fire I store apps that I don't use often in the cloud in case I want to use them latter. So is there two clouds available for use by the fire. I have also seen reference that there is a limit of 5GB on both of the clouds. The second one (refered to as a Cloud Drive) you can buy extra storage space for it. But there is no reference to the Cloud that the removed apps are stored on as being expandable. Any information would be appreciated. fdalbor

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Never got an answer from anyone for one reason or another so I took a day and did some research and experimenting. There is indeed two cloud drives. One for the fire and one for your desktop, laptop, or netbook. You download the cloud drive program from the amazon site and install it on your desktop, laptop, or netbook you then have a 5gb cloud drive that you can move files from that computer to sync with your fire. After they are synced they appear on both the fire and the other computer.
    If you have the ES file explorer you can view the files as they appear in the folders on the fire and even move them between the folders for use by the fire. The files can remain on the other computer or be deleted to use the cloud drive space for more files. It is very similar to the way the the USB cable transfers files to the fire from another computer only you don't need a USB cable just wifi. It is not very fast; but then my wifi connection is not that good. But it does work and as long as you stick to the 5gb limit it won't cost you a dime. Hope this info helps some of the members of the fourm. fdalbor

I found out there is no limit on the cloud drive on the Kindle; but it is limited to only items you purchased from Amazon.
    Last edited by fdalbor; 01-12-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Ads