Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How can I obtain the Go Launcher Ex app to install on my KF ?

This is a discussion on How can I obtain the Go Launcher Ex app to install on my KF ? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I want to remove the carousel, and make the welcome screen look like the newer tablets - with all icons present on the desktop. Apparently, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fdalbor

Thread: How can I obtain the Go Launcher Ex app to install on my KF ?

Member #

How can I obtain the Go Launcher Ex app to install on my KF ?

I want to remove the carousel, and make the welcome screen look like the newer tablets - with all icons present on the desktop. Apparently, this app was available early this year, but access to it has tightened up.

thanks- JIm

Member #
    I am interested in this too

Member #
    You can go to 1mobile.com to download it. Many people like to use that site.

If you have another Android device and can access the Play Store you can also sideload it onto your KF.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideloaded View Post
    You can go to 1mobile.com to download it. Many people like to use that site.

If you have another Android device and can access the Play Store you can also sideload it onto your KF.

Can I download this if I only have a laptop and Kindle Fire?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    You can download the 1mobile app directly to your KF and it will install a app on your KF that takes you directly to the site and lets you view (by section); all the apps that are available. You actually don't need anything but your fire. There are several other sites that you can use also; Getjar and Handango to name a couple. You don't have to count on the Amazon site to provide all your apps. I have yet to run into an app that did not work when I down loaded it from one of these other sites. But I have heard that it is possible to get an app that does not work. But even if it does not it won't harm anything to try it. Good luck and happy downloading, fdalbor
    Trish1991 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for the help. I'm so new to all of this, I can remember when I didn't know what an "app" was. I appreciate the details you've contributed.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Glad to be a little help. I have had mind six months and I still find everyday something it can do that I don't know how to do. The fire is a capable little machine; but Amazon has done a very poor job telling its customers how to use much of what the fire can do.
    There are several books out that help out a great deal; but you have to hunt to find them. The cnet web site has one called Mastering the Kindle Fire that is excellent and gives great details on how to use many of the advanced features of the Fire. I posted a notice here about it just before Christmas (when cnet was offering it for free); but I never got a reply that anyone that read the notice downloaded the book.
    Good luck with your fire. It is a nice little tablet. fdalbor

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My daughter found Mastering the Kindle the last nite that it was on for free and she's lent it to me for two weeks. I might buy it, if I can find it again on amazon's thoroughly nasty "search engine"...you can put in the exact title you're looking for and get everything BUT. But I shouldn't get myself going on that subject...

I tried 1mobile and it wouldn't work (I never was offered the app, it just said to go to my phone etc.), I tried getjar and it never offered me the getjar app either, which is supposed to be a pop-up. I've been searching google for hints, but everyone seems to assume you know how to do it anyway :-)

And getjar...I looked all over for the elusive "support tab" and never found one. "Contact Us" is only for business purposes.

Sigh.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    It can be very fustrating trying to find what you need to actually use these sites. What you are looking for is a program or app that has the extension .apk on it. Sometimes you have to go pretty deep into the Google listings to find the one you need. But they are there; as we sometimes say "hidden in plain sight".

I have both of them in my download folder for Opera and would be glad to sent them to you but to be honest I dont know how. I keep them there in case I lose the app on my fire I can reinstall it. Once you have downloaded the .apk file it will ask you if you want to install it; just say yes. Yea I know; first you have to get it.

You are correct that most of the sites assume you know how to do it. Don't they realize they are hurting their distribution of apps by not making things easy to get connecting with them. Guest not; I will try to find the site I got my .apk files from and send it in a post. If I can find it again. It took me several tries the first time I did it also. fdalbor

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Go to the imobile web site "www.1mobile.com/downloads/new". After you log on a box will be seen on the right side of the page. It will say downloads. Click it and a page will appear with the link for the 1mobile.apk file. Download it and install and you should be good to go.

You can also find it on the Cnet web site in the download section. "www.cnet.com/" go to the cnet web site and log into the download section; select the android section and it will show you all the android downloads. 1mobile is the second one listed. Select it and select the download icon you should be good to go. Make sure you have given the fire permission to install non approved Amazon apps or it won't work. Hope this helps. fdalbor
    Last edited by fdalbor; 01-07-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Ads