Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trouble with youtube?

This is a discussion on Trouble with youtube? within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; is anyone with a KF having trouble with youtube videos...if so what can we do?...

Member #

Trouble with youtube?

is anyone with a KF having trouble with youtube videos...if so what can we do?

Member #
    i just found the app TubeMate and it makes a world of difference...it works great!

Member #
    I have KF and YouTube worked wonderfully right outa the box until the last three days -- the site opens, I can select a vid to view, but then nothing happens -- the larger screen just stays black and allows no input like it did previously.

Turned flash on off, then on demand -- no change...

Loaded some purported YouTube app from the Amazon app store -- all it did was give me a list of stuff I'd never be interested in...

Tried the TubeMate -- worked for one test video (after upending the KF 180deg), after that it returns a message of incorrect format and we're right back where we started... and where's the search feature on these rascals?

What seemed like a nice improvement over my oldie-goldie plain-vanilla Kindle, is now becoming a frustrating disappointment -- after dropping $500 plus in the past week for two Kindles and accessories -- one a gift, I'm quickly going from one of Amazon's more ardent fans to one of their more vocal detractors... techno-gizmos that ain't reliable, ain't squat...

Any ideas?

Thanks...

-- dcstrng
    Last edited by dcstrng; 12-13-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Member #
    this isn't the first time i've read about this. i still don't get it. i checked after seeing this and i have a youtube (actual name) app though it wasn't from the amazon store, and it works fine. no problems at all. i have a 2nd gen kindle fire and from what i've read the problem is with 2nd gens.

Member #
    Well my YouTube has started working about 2/3rds of the time -- wish I knew why, all apps disabled... haven't got it running solidly, but at least I can make subscriptions on the PC and then the KF will accept them which is more than before... sure wish it would go back to the original, but maybe that's too much to hope for... Now if I could just keep the zombie out of my carousel... oh well, new day, new challenge...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfulms View Post
    is anyone with a KF having trouble with youtube videos...if so what can we do?
    Same problem but after clearing the app cache and cookie data it worked again . There are different ways to do it, if you use the browser to access You Tube you clear the browser cache and for the app the setting-applications option will clear the both data and cache. As I learned the hard way by doing just the cache will be enough because if you chose both it will clear all your subscriptions and other custom settings. Also I just update the app if the new version will fix some problems if not I keep the version that works fine for me. Also Amazon makes it harder to get Google apps to run smoothly on the Kindle Fire, so I clear the automatic updates option because Amazon will run updates without you knowing and those updates are the reason that yesterday`s You tube tube or Chrome apps were working fine and just stopped working this morning.
    Last edited by sedna78; 07-04-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Member #
    thinks for sharing information

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links