Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cannot get online - Settings say "Connected" and signal "Excellent"

This is a discussion on Cannot get online - Settings say "Connected" and signal "Excellent" within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I cannot get online on my Fire, either to visit any web site or to download newly purchased books. The WiFi settings indicate that I ...

Member #

Cannot get online - Settings say "Connected" and signal "Excellent"

I cannot get online on my Fire, either to visit any web site or to download newly purchased books. The WiFi settings indicate that I am online, with a status of "Connected" and a signal strength of "Excellent". I have tried turning WiFi off and on again; I have re-entered my modem/router password - to no avail. I have powered down and restarted. Still not online.

This has been for the past two weeks, since we returned to this location. I was online here just fine last May. The Kindle remembered all my settings but won't go online.

I can get online just fine on my computers, iPhones, and iPad -- just not on the Kindle.

Any ideas??

Member #
    I'm having the same problem. I downloaded a book while in the U.S. about two weeks ago, but get only "authentication failed" when I try to connect to my network here in Germany. I've tried turning off wi-fi on my laptop and Kindle, then turning off and restarting the router, then starting the Kindle, but nothing works. Have you had any luck making yours "talk"?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mirick View Post
    ...Have you had any luck making yours "talk"?
    I have been dialoging on the KindleBoards forum on this topic (see: Cannot get online - even tho' Settings says "Connected" and signal is"Excellent"). I also have been on the phone with Amazon's support. It looks like it has to do with my router/modem but, so far, nothing has worked to get my Fire online. However, I am not getting the same error as you are reporting. My Fire shows that it is "Connected" with a strong signal. However, the "Fan" in the upper right shows a small "x" to its right and when I try to use the Web I get a "failed to load" error.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links