Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Cloud and iTunes

This is a discussion on The Cloud and iTunes within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I read somewhere that you can upload songs from iTunes to the Cloud...........and then Cloud to device....but I have no clue how! Can anyone explain ...

Member #

The Cloud and iTunes

I read somewhere that you can upload songs from iTunes to the Cloud...........and then Cloud to device....but I have no clue how! Can anyone explain this to me?
    Thanks!

Member #
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong because fortunately, I haven't had to deal with iTunes for a while, but your music should be stored in your iTunes media folder on your computer. Normally with Windows 7, use Windows Explorer to open C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\. There may be another sub folder, so just keep opening the sub folders and you should find your music eventually. You should be able to upload your music from that folder on your computer to Amazon's Cloud Drive from the Cloud Drive site, or by using the Amazon Cloud Player.

Edit: I haven't tried, so I don't know if you can store music on your Fire. You may not be able to transfer your music to the Fire itself and also probably wouldn't want to due to the Fire's limited storage. You will be able to play your music on your fire by streaming it from the Amazon Cloud. The fire isn't designed to store much, it's suppose to store and access most of your media on Amazon's Cloud and not the device.

Hope that helps a little and isn't too confusing
    Last edited by pat3332; 11-20-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    You don't upload music to the Amazon cloud directly from itunes, but from your pc. You can download music from the cloud to the Fire.

Here is a pretty good explanation.

Amazon.com Help: Uploading Music: From Your Computer

Amazon gives you 5 GB free in your cloud account. 20 GB is $20/year or free if you purchase one album from Amazon. Clue: just buy a crap album for a buck. Amazon is now letting anyone with a 20 GB account to upload unlimited music to their cloud. I spent one dollar and now have 60 GB of music in my cloud account.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just hooked my Fire up to my computer and transferred my music files (itunes) to the music folder in my Kindle.. works fine.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas666 View Post
    Clue: just buy a crap album for a buck. Amazon is now letting anyone with a 20 GB account to upload unlimited music to their cloud. I spent one dollar and now have 60 GB of music in my cloud account.
    Could you give me a little more information on this deal, please? How do I get the extra storage deal? Do you just go and buy an album and it comes as part of that purchase? I have set things up for my 5Gb free, but I'd really like to store my videos in the cloud.

Cheers!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaProf View Post
    Could you give me a little more information on this deal, please? How do I get the extra storage deal? Do you just go and buy an album and it comes as part of that purchase? I have set things up for my 5Gb free, but I'd really like to store my videos in the cloud.

Cheers!!
    It's been a while since I did it, but I recall buying a cheapie 99 cent album, and ended up getting 20 gigs storage for doing so. Search AMZ mp3 for albums,sort by cost.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I think you buy any mp3 and you automatically get 20 Gb, temporailrily at least. My amazon account said the other day that I had 20gb until march 2012; then it's $20/yr for the 20 gigs. Still a good deal.

When I download an amazon mp3 to my pc, it automatically goes into my itunes folder. As far as the 40gb of music I already have in itunes, I sideloaded Audiogalaxy to my Fire; now I can stream my itunes folder to my Fire as well as the amazon cloud.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The biggest problem I have with the Fire is how little user storage is available. I put two movies on mine and have very little room left. Google's music service is free, and if the Fire was a little more android the Google music app would work and every single song of mine would be available to listen to when I had a WiFi connection. Fortunately I can get to it using the browser, which solves the problem. I suggest those not already using it look into it. Still free, and out of Beta now.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links