Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Porting contacts

This is a discussion on Porting contacts within the Amazon Kindle Fire Help forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Has anyone figured out how. To port their contacts over from either Outlook or iTunes? Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Porting contacts

Has anyone figured out how. To port their contacts over from either Outlook or iTunes?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    I couldn't import my contacts from my email either.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It sucked up my contacts I had imported to google.

Member #
    When I used the email app to set up my gmail account, it asked if I wanted to import my contacts. I clicked on yes and all my google contacts showed up in the contacts app. I haven't acutally checked to see if they are really synced to my google account, or if they were just simply imported. I don't have my fire with me right now, but I will have to test the sync out later.

Member #

Adding email contacts question

Every time I add an email contact, it disappears and my contacts list is still empty.
    Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprank1 View Post
    When I used the email app to set up my gmail account, it asked if I wanted to import my contacts. I clicked on yes and all my google contacts showed up in the contacts app. I haven't acutally checked to see if they are really synced to my google account, or if they were just simply imported. I don't have my fire with me right now, but I will have to test the sync out later.
    The same thing happened to me. Have all my 300+ google contacts with notes..

Member #
    I have very few contacts in Google, but my KF ported every email address from years of emails stored in my gmail account (over 8,000 emails...I really need to clean up that account). How do I keep my priority contacts and delete the rest?

Member #
    What I did was export your contacts content as a excel comma separated value file (csv). I saved in on my computer then hooked the kindle up the computer moved the file into the kindle storage then used the import feature in the kindle. Worked like a charm.

Ads